If you haven’t heard about CreativeBug, you’re seriously missing out. It’s an awesome online crafting website that offers hundreds of classes, from sewing to crochet to cardmaking and everything in between. For a tiny subscription fee of $4.95 per month, you can access 600+ classes and teach yourself any skill you want, or improve on one you already know! And they just got a little more awesome – starting on February 25th, they partnered up with some of the biggest names in the DIY industry to launch the #make2share challenge!
The #make2share challenge is a campaign designed to spread the love and encourage crafters of any skill level to make gifts and share them with others. These gifts can be anything that’s handmade – you can sew or quilt these if you’re so inclined, but it can also be something simple like homemade cookies or a card.
According to the #make2share website, here’s how it works:
1. Participants make a handmade gift for giving to two other people.
2. They post a picture of the gift and tag the two people they made it for on Facebook.
3. In their post they ask those two people to hand make something special for two other people, post a picture of it and tag those people.
4. Those two people do the same thing… make and repeat, make and repeat…
5. Participants are encouraged to use the hashtag #make2share in all their posts.
Pretty simple, right? It’s an easy way to make someone’s day (and give them a fun new project to work on, too!) If you check out the #make2share website, you’ll find all kinds of inspiration for things to make. And of course, we have plenty of free sewing patterns and easy quilt tutorials for you to check out before you get crafting!
You don’t have to be an expert to participate in this fun challenge. You just have to have a passion for giving and a desire to spread some love! This would also be a great opportunity to try out a new craft – you can check out Creativebug’s amazing lessons with a 14-day free trial over on CreativeBug.com!
In addition to Creativebug, the #make2share challenge is supported by Connecting Threads, How To Media, Immediate Media, Knit Picks, Mood Fabrics, Plaid Enterprises, Prime Publishing (our parent company!), Red Heart Yarns, Scripps Network, and Wilton/ Simplicity/ Boye. Be sure to show us your finished projects, too!
What DIY gift would you make for this challenge?
Latest posts by Seams and Scissors (see all)
- Namast’ay in Bed: 14 Zen Quilt Patterns - March 15, 2017
- Easy Quilt Tutorial: Fresh Diamonds Quilt - February 16, 2017
- Countdown to Glam: Sewing Patterns for New Year’s Eve - December 30, 2016