We all have that one pair of jeans that we just can’t bear to part with, even though we’ve outgrown them. I know that once I fall in love with a pair of jeans, I will literally wear them until they’re patched, frayed, or basically falling apart. But if you’re like me and hate throwing away clothes that still have some potential, then this list of denim sewing patterns and refashioning projects is completely perfect for you. These super fun DIY projects are a great way to transform old denim into stylish accessories, clothing, and home decor projects that look totally brand new! The best part about these refashioning projects is that you already have your fabric, meaning these projects are incredibly budget-friendly.
It’s always hard to part with clothes we love but these on-trend sewing projects are the best way to breathe life into your favorite pair of jeans. From projects that are great for the college student in your life to DIY accessories everyone will love, this list of popular denim projects is absolutely perfect for your next quick and easy sewing project. And if you love these projects, be sure to check out our blog post from last year, How to Upcycle Old Jeans. Our readers loved it!
If you have your own unique ways to recycle old jeans or just want to let us know which of these projects is your favorite, be sure to leave a comment below! Here’s wishing you happy sewing!
Blue Jean Baby: 19 Denim Sewing Patterns
Denim Refashioning Projects and DIY Accessories
- How to Make Slippers from Jeans – Grandma-Approved!
- Stunning DIY Lace Shorts
- Letting Out Pants – Genius sewing hack
- Flirty Denim Skirt
- The Awesome Denim Clutch – So cute!
- Denim Flower Corsage
- Large Upcycled Denim Tote
- Ladylike Lace Upcycled Jeans
DIY Denim Home Decor Projects
- Upcycled Denim Armrest Bag – Keep your sewing supplies handy!
- Denim Fabric Basket Tutorial
- Upcycled Denim Napkins Tutorial – Reader fave!
- Jean Pocket Pot Holder
- Denim Placemats
- Denim Wine Bottle Gift Bag Tutorial – Great gift idea!
- James Dean Blue Jean Coffee Cozy
- Scrappy Denim Free Pincushion Pattern
- Denim Christmas Stockings
- Denim Dots DIY Pillow Cover – Ultra chic
- Denim Rag Quilt Tutorial
How do you recycle old jeans? Be sure to let us know in the comments!
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- 15 DIY Dish Towel Patterns for Lazy Sunday Sewing - March 10, 2018
- 20 Homemade Doll Clothes and Accessories That You Need to Make! - February 23, 2018
- Blue Jean Baby: 19 Denim Sewing Patterns - January 25, 2018