Hey there! Katie from Punk Projects here! I’m here today sharing with you guys a really great project for Back-to-School time! I LOVE back to school craft projects and I always have at least one notebook (usually 2 or 3!) on my desk filled with to do lists, sketches, and notes! Which is what inspired this project, a cute notebook cover!
I’ve actually been hoarding this cactus fabric for a little while, I think it is the cutest. I decided to finally put it to good use to liven up my office supplies.
- 1 Notebook.
- 1 Fat Quarter
- Sewing Machine
- Start by cutting your fabric of choice into a rectangle about 1/2″ larger than your notebook. Iron a 1/4″ hem around the sides, as pictured below.
2. Stitch around the fabric, stitching down the hem you ironed so that it has a finished edge. It should now fit your notebook pretty well, but do not glue it down yet.
3. Now this step is optional, but if you want to add a little extra embellishment to your notebook cover you can cut shapes out of felt!
I chose to cut a cactus out of felt with a pink flower pot beneath it and a pink heart flower on top.
4. Stitch down whatever felt shapes you chose to the fabric.
5. Apply adhesive around the edges of your notebook front and place the fabric on top. Be sure to smooth out any wrinkles there may be in the fabric before the glue dries.
Once the glue dries completely you are done and left with a notebook that is SO much cuter than it had been to start! Cute notebooks would also be a great gift for teens heading back to school!
Do you have a fabric that you have been saving for just the right project? Maybe this is it!