There is no point in spending a horrendous amount of money on a clutch you’re probably only going to use a handful of times. This free Foldover Wedding Clutch Pattern from Camelot Fabrics will be one that you use for all of your clutches. There’s no need to go to the store ever again! What’s next, we’re going to start making our own makeup? Anyways, handmade clutches are a cute accessory to bring to not just a wedding, but any everyday event. For the time being, however, this wedding is coming up. Whether you’re the bride, bridesmaid, or attendee, you need something that is going to hold all the stuff. No matter what position you hold, there is always an easy DIY bag of stuff. Makeup, cellphone, camera (if you have one), wallet, lip balm (because lip gloss and lip balm are two separate things), and possibly a number of other items. Personally, I am a bridesmaid in my sister’s wedding, and I can’t wait to get started on this easy sewing tutorial, that you will love doing and your friends will all be jealous of!
Camelot Fabrics was formerly known as Camelot Cottons & Eugene Textiles. They are a company that sells beautiful 100% cotton fabrics.
Foldover Wedding Clutch Pattern
Project & Fabric Information
Other Tools & Supplies
- (1) 8” closed end zipper
- Printer & tape
- Basic sewing supplies:
- Sewing machine with a zipper foot
- Coordinating thread
- Iron & pressing surface
- Scissors & fabric shears
- Measuring tape & straight edge
- Fabric marker and Straight pins
- Unless otherwise noted, sew all seams with a 1/2” seam allowance (included in templates).
- Please wash, dry & iron your quilting cotton before beginning.
Cutting and Templates
- Print the Foldover Wedding Clutch template at 100% size.
- Cut out your pattern pieces and trace them onto your cotton as indicated on the templates. Cut out the Lining pieces precisely, and cut loosely around the perimeters of the Shell pieces.
- Fuse the Shell pieces by placing them Right Sides down on your ironing surface and covering them with your fusing, glue side down. Press well to bond the layers and cut out the Shell pieces along the traced lines.
- Cut (2) 2” x 22” strips for the Ties. You can make the Ties from your Shell fabric or your Lining fabric, depending whether you’d like them to coordinate or contrast with the body of the clutch. This won’t affect your yardage requirements for either fabric.