While free motion quilting might not be the easiest technique to master, you can’t deny that the finished product looks incredible. Free motion quilting is a great way to add texture and detail to your quilting projects and can be an incredibly useful technique to have up your sleeve in the long run! Whether you’ve already gotten the hang of it or are just starting out with free motion quilting, these 15 free patterns are sure to impress and inspire you.
- Flame Thrower Free Motion Design – Hot, hot, hot! This free motion design is sure to heat things up.
- Arching Loop-de-Loops – This elegant design gives the appearance of ruffles on any quilt.
- Puzzle Free Motion Pattern – A puzzling pattern that’s just right for a baby quilt.
- Interlocking Circles Design – This fun design is versatile enough to use for any kind of quilt.
- Flower Swirls Allover Quilting – If you love florals, you’ll love this swirling flower design!
- Straight Line Echo Quilting – This hypnotic design is great for playing up a certain fabric.
- Feather Wreaths Motion Quilting Design – A delicate design that’s lovely for the holiday season.
- Ocean Current Quilting Design – This wavy pattern is perfect for filling in backgrounds.
- Modern Leaf Free Motion Design – Use this design as a fill motif or to create a pretty leaf border on any quilt.
- Truly Checkers Free Motion Design – Don’t be put off by the precision of this geometric design – it looks stunning when complete!
- Tropical Orchid Quilting Design – You’ll feel like every day is a tropical vacation with this floral design!
- Free Motion Frost Design – This gorgeous icy pattern would look wondrous on a winter quilt.
- Free Motion Feathers Design – Add a pretty touch to any quilting project with this feather design.
- Black Hole Free Motion Design – This swirling, whirling design is sure to turn heads!
- Low Tide Design – A simple wave pattern that can be used on any fabric, no matter how busy.
Make your quilting easier by ironing your fabric with a quality iron. Enter to win the Oliso Smart Iron! One lucky winner will receive one Oliso Smart Iron. The deadline to enter is November 1, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
Have you tried free motion quilting?
Latest posts by FaveQuilts (see all)
- Fun Quilt Patterns for Your Zodiac Sign - September 6, 2017
- Whimsical Quilt Patterns: 12 Playful Quilts to Sew - August 16, 2017
- Top 5 Quilting Trends for 2018 - July 24, 2017