Okay. We all have tons of scraps laying around, right? But sometimes they aren’t quite enough to put a full quilt together. One of the designs that I’ve really fallen in love with over the course of the year is the t-shirt quilt! I have so many old novelty tees in my closet, from my college days and summer camp and concerts and who-knows-what else. And even though I never wear them, I just can’t quite make myself throw them out. They’re memories! They have sentimental value!
The problem with that, though, is that they take up so much space. So why not give them new life? T-shirt quilts are great because they’re hardy, easy to wash, and very easy to put together. They’re like panel quilts meet patchwork. What’s better than that?
I also love the idea of giving t-shirt quilts as gifts. All my gifts come from the heart, and a t-shirt quilt is perfect for kids going off to school or old friends you want to remind of the good old days. Each t-shirt has its own memory attached, so giving one as a gift really means so much. (Of course, it’s hard to surprise someone with a quilt made out of their own t-shirts, unless you’ve stolen them! But I think the payoff is worth spoiling the surprise a little early.)
If you’re considering making a t-shirt quilt this Christmas, we went ahead and put together an awesome collection of some of our favorite patterns. See the full collection, or check out our top picks below!
- T-Shirt Memory Quilt: One of the most touching kinds of keepsake quilts is the t-shirt quilt you can turn practically any kind of old clothing into a one-of-a-kind quilt for someone special.
- Ragged T-Shirt Quilt Instructions: Combine two of your favorite types of quilts, rag quilts and t-shirt quilts, in one awesome quilt project.
- DIY T-Shirt Quilts for Hoarders: Screen printed t-shirts seem to grow on trees these days, and you can amass a mountainous hoard of them in no time!
- How to Make a Simple T-shirt Quilt: This easy tutorial will teach you how to make a simple t-shirt quilt with 12 x 12 inch t-shirt blocks.
- Scrappy T-shirt Quilt: Make Scrappy T-shirt Quilts to use up your old t-shirts and your leftover quilting scraps.
- Fall T-shirt Quilt Directions: In this tutorial, you will use fleece as quilt backing when making a t-shirt quilt so that your quilt is soft and warm on both sides.
- Classic Memories T Shirt Quilt: Quilting on a budget has never been easier the next time you plan to make a special pattern for a loved one, grab some old tees and try the Classic Memories T Shirt Quilt.
- Soccer T-Shirt Quilt: This t shit quilt tutorial teaches you how to take old soccer jerseys and sports t-shirts and turn them into a beautiful quilt that is truly one of a kind.
Have you ever given a t-shirt quilt as a Christmas gift?
Latest posts by FaveQuilts (see all)
- Fun Quilt Patterns for Your Zodiac Sign - September 6, 2017
- Whimsical Quilt Patterns: 12 Playful Quilts to Sew - August 16, 2017
- Top 5 Quilting Trends for 2018 - July 24, 2017