We’re launching our National Sewing Month celebration with a super-cute sew-along here on Seams & Scissors!
In the last couple years, I’m sure you’ve seen woodland critters like foxes, owls and raccoons on everything from t-shirts to home decor to -of course- cute bags and purses. Here we are with autumn on the way again, and you can show your seasonal style with this easy tote bag sewing pattern by Katie Smith from PunkProjects.com. (Have you met Katie? We adore her cute sewing patterns, and we invite her to guest blog now and then. Check out this DIY Notebook Cover she designed!)
Now you need to look at this cute tote bag and decide to sew-along with us!
(Btw, don’t forget to enter to win our Grand Prize Giveaway!)
SO CUTE, right?
Each day, we’ll post easy step-by-step instructions so that by the end of the week, you’ll have your very own woodland critter tote bag! This foxy tote bag sewing pattern features a sleepy little fox face. Just imagine toting around your library books or everyday essentials.
Wait until you see the back of this bag — It’s cute overload, trust us. But you’ll just have to find out why when you sew along with us this week, starting tomorrow with Part 1. In the meantime, you can gather these materials to prepare.
You will need:
- 1 32″ x 11″ piece of Canvas or Muslin Material
- Red Felt
- Black Felt
- White Felt
- Sewing Machine
- 1 Yard of Ribbon
Get ready to start an easy, quick project with us tomorrow morning! See you then.
Gain extra entries for our grand prize by commenting on our daily National Sewing Month blog posts here on Seams & Scissors. Comment your answer to our question below for an extra entry!
- Commenting on this page will enter you to win the prize. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and entries on AllFreeSewing.com.
- You have until September 30th, 2016 at 11:59 CST to leave your comment on this post. Comments after that will not be counted.
- Contest is open to anyone 18+ in the US and Canada. Void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited.
- The winner will be contacted by the e-mail address provided in their account.
Today’s Question: Have you ever made a bag? (Tell us about it, if you have!)
Latest posts by Seams and Scissors (see all)
- Current Pillowcase Count: AllFreeSewing’s Pillowcase Sew-a-Thon for Operation Christmas Child! - May 15, 2017
- Namast’ay in Bed: 14 Zen Quilt Patterns - March 15, 2017
- Easy Quilt Tutorial: Fresh Diamonds Quilt - February 16, 2017