Now that the pattern is cut out, it’s time to start assembling.
Assembling the tote
- Place the felt pieces for the ears and tail together and pin them in place.
2. Use your sewing machine to stitch through the layers of the felt, sewing along the edges of the different layers.
You could also sew these by hand if you wanted.
3. Pin the head felt piece to the front of the canvas piece, the nose at the tip of the felt and the eyes on either side.
4. Stitch along the edges of the felt to secure them down to the front piece of the canvas tote.
Your canvas piece should piece 32″x11″.
5. Pin the tail piece to the back side of the tote bag, and stitch it down as pictured below.
I’ll be back soon with Part 3 of this Sew-Along, sharing how to finish up the tote bag!
Gain extra entries for our grand prize by commenting on our daily National Sewing Month blog posts here on Seams & Scissors. Comment your answer to our question below for an extra entry!
- Commenting on this page will enter you to win the prize. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and entries on AllFreeSewing.com.
- You have until September 30th, 2016 at 11:59 CST to leave your comment on this post. Comments after that will not be counted.
- Contest is open to anyone 18+ in the US and Canada. Void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited.
- The winner will be contacted by the e-mail address provided in their account.
Today’s Question: Where do you keep your pins?
Latest posts by Seams and Scissors (see all)
- Countdown to Glam: Sewing Patterns for New Year’s Eve - December 30, 2016
- National Sewing Month 2016 Day 22: The Best 10 Christmas Quilt Patterns EVER - September 30, 2016
- National Sewing Month 2016 Day 21: Scrappy Patchwork Apron - September 29, 2016