- To finish up the tote bag, start by added a finished hem to the top edges of the bag.
2. Place the ears behind the front top edge of the tote bag, about half an inch down, and stitch them in place.
3. Fold the tote bag in half, wrong side out. Pin it and stitch down the long side seams, making sure to leave at least a 1/4 seam allowance.
4. Cut a 1 yard length of ribbon and pin each end to the sides of the tote bag, as pictured below. Stitch them to the tote bag.
Once you’ve stitched on the ribbon strap, you are all done!
Gain extra entries for our grand prize by commenting on our daily National Sewing Month blog posts here on Seams & Scissors. Comment your answer to our question below for an extra entry!
- Commenting on this page will enter you to win the prize. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and entries on AllFreeSewing.com.
- You have until September 30th, 2016 at 11:59 CST to leave your comment on this post. Comments after that will not be counted.
- Contest is open to anyone 18+ in the US and Canada. Void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited.
- The winner will be contacted by the e-mail address provided in their account.
Today’s Question: Owls vs. Foxes – which one do you prefer?
Latest posts by Seams and Scissors (see all)
- Current Pillowcase Count: AllFreeSewing’s Pillowcase Sew-a-Thon for Operation Christmas Child! - May 15, 2017
- Namast’ay in Bed: 14 Zen Quilt Patterns - March 15, 2017
- Easy Quilt Tutorial: Fresh Diamonds Quilt - February 16, 2017