It’s Day 2 of Organization Week here on Seams and Scissors, and instead of bringing you just one tip like we usually do on Tuesdays, we’re bringing you a whole bunch! I’ve gathered up our best organization tips from cleaning to clutter-busting, so you can check them out below and whip your sewing stuff into shape. Once you learn some of our best tricks, you can work up one of the free sewing patterns for organizational supplies that I’ve included!
Fabric Organization Tips
Sometimes the only thing holding you back is that you have more fabric than you know what to do with! Here are our best tips for how to store your fabric to make the most out of your space.
Make Your Own Organizers
Once your fabric is out of the way, it’s time to find space for all the other sewing supplies you might have lying around. These easy sewing tutorials will show you how to make organizers for everything from scissors to spools.
- Storybook Needle Case
- Simple & Sweet Sewing Organizer
- Easy DIY Magnetic Pin Dish
- Pretty Pincushion Jar
Now that everything is in its place, you can focus on cleaning up! Dust makes its way into the tiniest of spaces. Check out our techniques for cleaning a sewing machine as well as your iron!
- How to Clean the Outside of Your Sewing Machine
- How to Clean Your Iron
- The Complete Sewing Machine Cleaning Tutorial
… but don’t start cleaning your machine without this handy tip!
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to enter our giveaway on the main Organization Week post – you have until January 22 to do so!
Getting in the Organization Week spirit? Share your decluttering, sewing projects, or craft spaces with us on social media using the hashtag #SewOrganized !
And let us know:
What’s the most useful organization tip you’ve learned?
Latest posts by Seams and Scissors (see all)
- National Sewing Month 2016 Day 22: The Best 10 Christmas Quilt Patterns EVER - September 30, 2016
- National Sewing Month 2016 Day 21: Scrappy Patchwork Apron - September 29, 2016
- National Sewing Month 2016 Day 20: DIY Fabric Postcard Ornament - September 28, 2016