My top three favorite holidays are Christmas, 4th of July, and Halloween. Christmas is my ultimate favorite because it is the one time of year where almost everyone is off of work, they are able to spend it with their families, and enjoy a break. People are usually more apt to be cheerful and kinder to others around them. Halloween I love to dress up. As much as I abhor the pumpkin-flavored food that plagues the season, I’m not opposed to pumpkin carving designs and roasting some seeds with chilly powder. Now 4th of July is a whole different animal. It couldn’t pinpoint the exactly one reason why I love this national holiday so much, but I can think of quite a few.
- Cherry Pie (Who doesn’t love a gooey pie filling that is bursting with flavor.)
- Sparklers and fireworks (Because pyrotechnics are how we won the war, let’s be honest, and sheer luck)
- There is a sense of unity between people, for one similarity that unites us all despite all differences: we are Americans.
With the picnics comes the picnic blankets. I love the opportunity of crafting or quilting with the good ol’ red, white, and blue. The pattern possibilities are endless and you can never go wrong with representing our flag. I would love to use a pinwheel quilting design with these colors for a summer quilting pattern! I’ve compiled a list of my favorite patriotic quilts that you can hang up on the wall for quilt decorations, use as a festive throw blanket, or use it as you watch the fireworks for this Independence Day celebration!
(If you’re wondering if I picked 13 on purpose, I did. Gotta give a shout-out to those original colonies!)
13 Patriotic Quilts
BONUS America-themed sewing projects
What do you plan to do for your Fourth of July?
Latest posts by FaveQuilts (see all)
- Fun Quilt Patterns for Your Zodiac Sign - September 6, 2017
- Whimsical Quilt Patterns: 12 Playful Quilts to Sew - August 16, 2017
- Top 5 Quilting Trends for 2018 - July 24, 2017