Pencil skirts are chic no matter the season, but it can be hard to find ones at the store that fit just right. I’ve bought several over the years and every time, I’ve ended up having to get them tailored to fit my body type. Wouldn’t it be great if you could find a pencil skirt that fit right from the start? There’s one way to make sure your skirts fit right every time, and that’s to make them yourself! While it might seem daunting to learn how to make a pencil skirt on your own, you’ll save a lot of money on clothes and alterations in the long run with the DIY option.
These 8 DIY pencil skirts are a great way to refresh your wardrobe without breaking the bank or worrying about finding the right fit in a store. Each of these easy sewing patterns can be tackled by beginners too, so don’t be afraid to jump right in even if you’ve never tried to make your own clothing before!
- Simple 15-Minute Skirt – You can make this pencil skirt in no time at all.
- Elizabeth Taylor’s Favorite Lace Skirt – The lace adds a gorgeous touch to an otherwise basic skirt pattern.
- Unstoppable Pencil Skirt – A perfect pencil skirt for the woman on the go!
- Ruffled Pencil Skirt Pattern – Not a fan of plain skirts? Add some ruffles to doll it up!
- Half Hour Free Skirt Pattern – In under an hour you can totally revamp your look.
- Knit DIY Pencil Skirt – A knit fabric makes this skirt perfect for colder weather.
- Easy Pencil Skirt Refashion – This is an easy sewing project for beginners and advances sewists alike.
- Marilyn Pencil Skirt – Ms. Monroe would envy this gorgeous white skirt!
If you still need to make alterations to your pencil skirt, check out this easy tutorial – How to Make a Pencil Skirt Fit!
How do you style your pencil skirts?
Latest posts by Seams and Scissors (see all)
- Countdown to Glam: Sewing Patterns for New Year’s Eve - December 29, 2017
- Snowy Style: Free Dress Patterns for Winter - December 15, 2017
- Misty Mountain Lodge: 12 Cabin-Worthy Quilts - November 17, 2017