Today’s National Sewing Month Project (a video lesson!) is brought to you by Angel Peterson from FleeceFun.
Now that you’ve picked that perfect machine and brought it home, it’s time to learn how to use your sewing machine! Angel sat with us in the AllFreeSewing studio and will teach you about all the parts of your sewing machine. She will explain what the tension plate, feed dogs, and the hand wheel are. This free sewing lesson will get you going on that project you’ve picked out with confidence.
Now that you have learned the basics, are you ready to take that new machine for a spin? Here are a few of our favorite beginner sewing patterns to get you started.
Cute and Easy DIY Christmas Ornaments – STAFF FAVORITE!
15-Minute Mouse Pad Wrist Rest – USEFUL and perfect test-drive material.
Perfect Pre Cut Quilt Pattern – A great way to practice driving that machine!
Josephine Free Doll Pattern – Why not make a special gift?
20-Minute DIY Skirt – Perfect for kids and easily adaptable to adults.
Now for today’s prize. We are giving away this great thread organizer and a collection of Coats&Clark thread!
What part of the sewing machine do you struggle with the most?
Official Rules for Daily Contest
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post below.
- You have until tonight, September 14th, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- 15 DIY Dish Towel Patterns for Lazy Sunday Sewing - March 10, 2018
- 20 Homemade Doll Clothes and Accessories That You Need to Make! - February 23, 2018
- Blue Jean Baby: 19 Denim Sewing Patterns - January 25, 2018