Today’s National Sewing Month Project (a video lesson) is brought to you by Angel Peterson from FleeceFun.
Angel Peterson is in the AllFreeSewing studios again, this time she will explain all the different types of fabric. Learning what all the different types of fabrics are will help you with what to choose for specific sewing patterns. Learn what type of fabric is the easiest to sew, which fabrics are the most challenging and more!
Whether you are a beginning sewist or an experienced seamstress, there is plenty to learn about fabrics.
Now that you’ve discovered all the different types of fabrics and what they are good for, check out this selection of reader favorite tutorials. You’ll be able to easily determine which fabric to use with which project! Have fun!
Twenty Minute Tote
Great gift idea!
Bean Bag Chair
Your teen will love you!
Cotton Candy Pleated Skirt Tutorial
Can you imagine all the compliments you’ll get?
The Scrap Bucket Basket
Useful and uses up those scraps!
Heather Sewn Top Pattern
How very pretty!
Today’s DAILY PRIZE is a great selection of fabulous quilting books! To enter, answer the question below in the comments and we’ll randomly pick a winner.
Official Rules for Daily Contest
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post below.
- You have until tonight, September 24h, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
What is your favorite type of fabric?
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- 19 Brand New Sewing Tricks from Our Readers - October 13, 2016
- Trend Report: Top 10 Fall Skirts to Wear with Tights - October 6, 2016
- 20 Sewing Patterns for a Woodland Critter Wonderland - October 2, 2016