There’s perhaps no color as calming as light, sky blue, making it the absolute perfect color to wear and surround yourself with when you’re stressed and need a little serenity in your life. Thankfully, this hue is everywhere thanks to PANTONE®’s 2016 Fashion Color Report naming Serenity Blue as one of their two colors of the year, meaning this shade has been trending for months in fashion and home decor. Coincidentally, it also pairs beautifully with the other color of the year, Rose Quartz, meaning both of these soothing shades rightfully deserve a place in your closet!
What’s so unique about this particular shade of blue is that it’s not a true blue, but rather a beautiful blend of pale blue and lavender, like the lovechild of shades like periwinkle and cornflower. It’s soft and feminine, yet still strong and vibrant. It’s the perfect color to wear on a dress, separate, or DIY accessory, meaning these sewing patterns and other projects are completely on trend. Fill your closet with your favorite of these patterns, take a deep breath, and be carried away by a renewed sense of serenity!
If you liked this post, and want to know everything about the second Color of the Year, Rose Quartz, be sure to check out our previous post on everything rose-colored! And keep reading to find the perfect Serenity Blue pattern for you!
- Flattering Upcycled DIY Skirt
- Something Old, New, and Blue Wedding Clutch
- Two Print Bag
- Open Air Shrug
- Boho Kimono Free Dress Pattern
- Blue Jeans and Moon Beams Shawl
- Adorable Men’s Shirt Dress
- Blue Lagoon Bib Necklace
- 1920s Cloche Hat Pattern
- Emma Pillsbury T-Shirt Refashion
- Linen & Lace Infinity Scarf
- Refashioned Maternity Top
- Eyelet Tank Tutorial
- Flamenco Ruffled Tank
What kind of pattern would you love to use Serenity Blue for? Be sure to leave a comment below!
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- The Best DIY Tote Bag Patterns for Fall - October 6, 2017
- Sewing for Beginners: 10 Best Basic Sewing Tutorials - September 26, 2017
- Best of National Sewing Month: 30 Sewing Projects - August 28, 2017