It’s Day 3 of #SpringIntoSewing week! Yesterday the temperatures were hovering near 60 here in Chicagoland and let me tell you, that felt good after a week of it being in the 30s and 40s. Lately every time we get a warm-weather day, it gets me daydreaming about my spring wardrobe (and how I haven’t got one yet.) I’m ready to ditch my sweaters and chunky scarves in favor of flowy fabrics and bright colors!
If you’re ready to upgrade your wardrobe for spring, I’m here to tell you that nothing says “easy and breezy” like a dress. Dresses aren’t just for church on Sunday – when paired with the right accessories, a dress can be the perfect outfit choice for the office, for drinks after work, for a fancy dinner, or for a girl’s day with friends. They’re so versatile and way less constricting than pants, so they’re definitely my #1 choice for spring!
Looking for a little dress-spiration? Look no further! I’ve gathered up 16 of our spring-iest free dress patterns just for you! Whether you want to know how to make a dress for you, for a friend, or for a child, there’s definitely something on this list that will work for you. Each one is bold and beautiful (and most of all, they’re all ready to take on the warmer weather!) Take a look at the list below and let us know which ones you like best!
- English Garden Girl’s Dress Pattern
- Spring Fling DIY Dress
- Sunday Brunch Free Dress Pattern
- Fit and Flare Dress Pattern
- Aquamarine Afternoon Dress
- Cape Town Cool Shift Dress
- DIY Shirred Sundress
- Spring Flattering Dress Pattern
- High Low Bandeau Dress
- Knit Peasant Dress Tutorial
- Fields of Flowers Dress
- Delightful DIY Dress Pattern
- The Day Date Dress
- Pauline Dress Pattern
- Swirly Twirly Free Dress Pattern
- Summer Shift DIY Dress Don’t forget – you only have until Sunday to enter our giveaway!
What style of dress do you like to wear?
Latest posts by Seams and Scissors (see all)
- Namast’ay in Bed: 14 Zen Quilt Patterns - March 15, 2017
- Easy Quilt Tutorial: Fresh Diamonds Quilt - February 16, 2017
- Countdown to Glam: Sewing Patterns for New Year’s Eve - December 30, 2016