With summer quickly approaching, all women are looking for the perfect go-to summer outfit. I know I am anyway. I’ll admit that I’m a dress girl, especially during the summer months, when I’m looking for something simple, elegant, and effortless. After all, who wants to be stuck in the heat wearing jeans and a clingy t-shirt? Dresses are the best way to look put together without putting in a lot of effort and this collection of stylish and easy-to-make free dress patterns is the solution you need to look cool and collected during the summer season.
But what is an outfit without some chic accessories? I’ve paired every dress pattern with a complimentary and free bag or purse pattern so that you’re completely covered ensemble-wise, whether you’re at the beach, running errands, or out shopping with the girls. These sew-easy patterns are must-haves for your summer wardrobe!
I’ve made sure to focus on the three most popular dress patterns for summer: classic sundresses, trending shift and day dresses, and of course, the ever-popular maxi dress. Have fun choosing which dress and purse pattern is the perfect fit for you!
Summer Chic: 24 Free Dress Patterns and Purse Patterns for Summer
Summer Sundresses and Chic Bags
- Gathered Waist Summer DIY Dress paired with this Dream Bag – Classic and Easy!
- Summer in the City Tank Dress paired with this Delicate Vintage-Inspired Tote
- In-Between Seasons Dress paired with this Buttercup Bag – Such a Sweet Look!
- 20 Minute Beach Cover Up paired with this Canvas Beach DIY Tote
Shift and Day Dresses Perfect for Warm Weather
- The Day Date Dress paired with this Luxurious Leather Tote Bag – On Trend for Summer!
- Seriously Sweet Scalloped Dress paired with this Kennedy Bag
- Feisty Fashionista Sleeveless Dress paired with this Zip Me Up Tote Bag – Business Casual!
- Puff Sleeve DIY Shift Dress paired with this Rounded Top Tote Bag
Must-Have Maxi Dresses Paired with the Best Accessories
- Boho Scarf Maxi Dress paired with this 13 Step Canvas Tote – Sew Easy!
- Vintage Sheet to Maxi Dress paired with this Look at Me! Tote Bag
- Printable DIY Maxi Dress Pattern paired with this Mixed-Up Market Bag
- Goddess DIY Maxi Dress paired with this Nautical Kate Spade Knock-Off – I Love This Bag!
What are your favorite dress styles? Leave a comment below!
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- 19 Brand New Sewing Tricks from Our Readers - October 13, 2016
- Trend Report: Top 10 Fall Skirts to Wear with Tights - October 6, 2016
- 20 Sewing Patterns for a Woodland Critter Wonderland - October 2, 2016