You know the drill. You’ve found the perfect quilt block pattern that you’re dying to try. You’ve chosen vibrant colored fabric with fun prints and you can’t wait to start on your new quilting project. Then you run into a problem. How big do you make your quilt? You know that you want to create a project larger than a mini quilt, but you’re absolutely stumped when it comes to measurements. If you’ve run into this issue when quilting, then worry no longer because I come bearing quilt measurements so that you can create the quilt of your dreams without stressing about sizes.
Matching quilt blocks to full quilt sizes can be tricky, but with this easy measurement guide, you can easily plan your quilt and sit back and enjoy in the quilting experience. I’ve broken down some of our best quilt patterns into four main categories: twin, double, queen, and king. This way you can choose your favorite from this list of patterns to match the bed size you’re aiming for. And if you ‘d like an even more in-depth guide to choosing various quilt sizes, be sure to check out this excellent article from FaveQuilts!
If you’ve got your own bed quilt pattern that you’d like to share, or just want to let me know which of these quilt patterns is your favorite, make sure to leave a comment below! We’d love to hear from you if you live outside of the US, and would like to provide standard quilt measurements for other international readers. Here’s wishing you happy quilting!
*Note: Please note that the measurements listed below are US standard quilt sizes and are approximate measurements, meaning they are merely suggested guidelines. Have fun experimenting with your favorite patterns in all different sizes!
A Guide to Quilt Sizes: 26 Quilt Patterns
Twin Size Quilt Patterns
Approximate Size: 68″ x 86″
- Picket Fence Black and White Quilt – A Twist on Traditional Lattice!
- The Twister Quilt
- Charm Box Quilt Pattern
- Storm at Sea Quilt Pattern – Editor Fave!
- All Stars Quilt
- Marie Antoinette Triangle Quilt – Dainty and Delicate!
- Rainbow Chevron Twin Bed Quilt
Double Size Quilt Patterns
Approximate Size: 86″ x 86″
- Daylily Fields Star Quilt
- Film at Five Scrap Quilt Pattern – Lights, Camera, Action!
- Constellations Full Bed Quilt
- My Sunshine Log Cabin Quilt – Readers Love This Pattern!
- Patches and Pinwheels
- Sunny Squares Quilt
Queen Size Quilt Patterns
Approximate Size: 90″ x 90″
- Morning Splash Quilt Pattern – Brand New!
- Briar Rose Star Quilt
- Garden Dance Quilt – Full Tutorial!
- Cathedral Stars Quilt
- Verna’s Layer Cake Quilt – Perfect Way to Use Your Layer Cakes!
- Quilter in Wonderland Block Pattern
- Bird Love Quilt
King Size (or larger) Quilt Patterns
Approximate Size: 100″ x 90″
- Gobble Chain Quilt – Great for Fall Weather!
- Blazing Stars Quilt
- Ariel’s Wedding Quilt Pattern – Make It Part of Your World!
- Rustic Duvet Cover for a King Size Bed
- Peaches and Dreams Graphic Quilt
- Steps to Tranquility Quilt – Totally Dreamy Pattern!
What size of quilts do you usually make? Be sure to leave a comment below!
Latest posts by FaveQuilts (see all)
- Barn Talk: 25 Animal Quilt Patterns - May 22, 2020
- 13 DIY Picnic Blankets and Picnic Quilt Patterns - May 15, 2020
- Kaleidoscope Colors: 19 Free Rainbow Quilt Patterns - May 14, 2020