Autumn is arguably the prettiest season of the year, or it can be at least. The trees are different shades of reds and yellows just like the apples, and it’s the perfect time to go picking out at the orchard. My two favorite places to go in the fall are most definitely the apple orchard and the pumpkin patch because they remind me how things continue to grow all year long, not just in the springtime. These 11 Sewing Projects for Autumn are here to help you remember what these months are all about, as well as to make sure your kids get ready to go back to school.
Apples are the first things I’m sure you think of when you ask yourself, “What should I have my kids give to their teachers on the first day of school?” It’s the one item you see on desks in all the movies and that reminds you of one-room schoolhouses. These sewing patterns even give you an edge of creativity by being handmade instead of grown. Go back to a simpler time with these adorable apple patterns that are (mostly) easy to put together. Have your kids help you to get their heads back in the game of thinking and to jump start their creative clocks a little bit before the school year begins. Help them avoid the summer slump by making these apple patterns together and sharing the feeling of finishing something so adorable and useful.
Don’t worry; there are even enough patterns to appeal to both the red apple and green apple people. Personally, I love crisp, red apples that are sweet and juicy. Sometimes the green ones can be too sour, and it’s hard for me to wrap my mind around associating that taste with fruit. (I am the same way with grapes!) Find all of the best red, green, and even yellow apple sewing projects here that appeal to everyone.
- Apple Gift Pouches from Lines Across
- DIY Apple Bag from The Ribbon Retreat
- Back To School Apple Key Chain from Thermoweb
- Apple Skirt and Tutorial from Mommy Creations
- Apple Lunch Box Tutorial from Rock the Stitch
- Apple for the Teacher Pincushion from Peck’s Pieces
- Apple Hat Tutorial from Project Run & Play
- Apple Coasters from The Purl Bee
- How to Make a Cell Phone Apple Cozy from Tuts Plus
- Apple Plush Pillow Tutorial from A Beautiful Mess
- Apples, A Tutorial from Playing With Your Food