It’s that time of year…again. Every year, people pack the stores in mid-June to start shopping for school supplies that they don’t even need until the fall. By the time the huge sales roll around in July, it seems as though everything has already been picked from and you’re left with the plain, boring things that your kids don’t want anyway.
Sound familiar? (That happened to me every year as a kid; I was always so frustrated that I started making my own notebook and binder covers.) If this has happened to you more than once, you should definitely start thinking about trying something different. This year, you can surprise your kids with cute pencil cases that are completely homemade! Fabric is always in great supply, so it’s time to start digging for those fun patterns that will make sure your kids have the coolest pencil cases in the whole class.
Pencil cases are perfect for making sure your kids don’t lose all of those school supplies you had to buy them because they were mandated on a list. You can’t control how many writing utensils they lend out to other kids, but at least you’ll know they have a place to keep them safe and organized for a short time. This will also make sure that if they break, the pieces will be all in one place rather than filtered inside of their backpack randomly. Basically, pencil cases are a very simple supply for school that can end up being more useful than you expect. Use these sewing patterns from AllFreeSewing and other bloggers to help your kid go back to school in style!
Simple Zipper Pencil Cases
- Teacher’s Pet DIY Pencil Case
- Pencil Patchwork Case
- Zipper Pencil Pouch
- Colorful Crayon DIY Pencil Case
- Watermelon Pencil Case Tutorial
- Scrappy Back to School Pencil Case
- DIY Denim Pencil Case from Vanilla Craft Blog
- Giant Twin Zip Pencil Case from Jembellish
- Air Balloon Zipper Pouch from Minki’s Work Table
Let’s Get Crafty Pencil Cases
- Giant Pencil Case
- Nifty Knotted Pencil Case
- Quick Pencil Case
- Zip It Up Pencil Case Tutorial from Craft Passion
- Capri Sun Pencil Case from The Mad House
- 10 Minute Pencil Roll from My Poppet
- Free Pencil Case Pattern from Gingermelon Dolls
- Zip Lipped Fish Pouch from Lindapendante Dreams
- Vinyl Pouch Tutorial from Bonjour Quilts
What do you never let your kids leave for school without?
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- Easy Alterations Galore: 10 Easy Ways to Alter Old Clothes So They Fit Like New - April 8, 2019
- Easy Alterations Galore: 10 Easy Ways to Alter Old Clothes So They Fit Like New - April 2, 2019
- 24 Easter Dress Patterns - March 13, 2019