National Sewing Month 2015 has officially come to a close. We had a blast this year sharing all of these great free sewing tutorials, tips and tricks, and video lessons. We hope you had just as much fun, as well! Of course, we enjoyed sending out all the great prizes everyday.
We thought before we ended the party officially that we would share with you the most popular free sewing projects featured this month.
Best of National Sewing Month 2015
Scrappy Quilted Placemats
Pattern by Anorina Morris of www.sameliasmum.com. These delightful quilted placemats are a snap to sew up. Not only are they perfect for beginners, they are also great for the skilled sewist who wants to practice their quilt-as-you-go techniques.
Video Sewing Lesson: Helpful Sewing Tools
Refashion a Men’s Shirt into a Skirt
This super-simple pattern by Joy from XOXOGrandma is just a wonderful way to refashion a men’s shirt into something for the ladies to wear. We can see why this was among the most popular posts this year.
Snowman Table Runner Sewing Tutorial
Video Lesson: Choosing a Sewing
Angel Peterson from FleeceFun.com stopped by the studio to give everyone a “sewing 101” lesson. This video gives everyone the basics of choosing a good sewing machine, what to look for and what to avoid. All essentials for the beginning sewist.
We have one more great giveaway for you before we end the celebration. Are you ready for it?
For our last National Sewing Month giveaway for the month, we’d like to give one lucky winner this fabulous bundle of Spirit Fabrics. Aren’t they beautiful?
Finally, don’t forget that you have ONE LAST CHANCE to enter the drawing for the beautiful BERNINA sewing machine below. We will be picking the winner October 7th, 2015, so be sure to get your name into the draw before it’s too late.
To enter the daily giveaway, leave a comment below telling us:
What is your favorite sewing tip that you learned this year?
Official Rules for Daily Contest
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post below.
- You have until tonight, September 30th, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- No-Fuss Backyard Parties: DIY Garland and More - May 27, 2020
- Editorial Report: 10 Prom Dress Sewing Patterns - May 23, 2020
- Sewing Hacks: What to Look for in Thrift Stores and Garage Sales - May 19, 2020