Today is Day 10 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
On the tenth day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me … the Carryall Tote from C&T Publishing!
- Heavyweight canvas or duck cloth: 5/8 yard
- Kraft-tex: 5/8 yard
- Print fabric: 3/8 yard (If you are using quilting cotton, stabilize the fabric with a woven fusible interfacing, such as Shape-Flex.)
- Cotton webbing, 1 1/2″ or 2″ wide: 48″
- 80/12 Sharp needle
- Rotary cutter and cutting mat
- Canvas: Cut 1 rectangle 19″ x 39″
- kraft-tex: Cut 1 rectangel 19″ x 20 1/2″
- Print fabric: Cut 2 pieces 9 3/4″ x 19″
Note: All seam allowances are ¼” unless otherwise noted.
- Using a decorative stitch or straight lines, sew a design on the piece of kraft-text. This will become the bottom half of the bag.
- Sew a print fabric piece to the kraft-tex, with right sides together, along the 19″ side. This forms the side of the bag. Repeat, sewing the second fabric piece tot he other 19″ side of the kraft-tex.
- Fold this bag piece in half crosswise, with right sides together and matching the seams. Sew the 2 side seams to form the exterior of the bag.
- Pinch the bottom side of the bag into a triangle, matching the side seam to the bottom center crease. Measure 3 1/2″ from the top point of this triangle. Draw a line and stitch across. Repeat on the other bottom side. Trim off the corner triangles, leaving a 1/4″ seam allowance. Turn the bag right side out.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 using the canvas to make the interior of the bag, except leave the interior bag out.
- Cut the webbing into 2 equal pieces for the handles. Place the ends of a strap on the top edge of the bag, 5″ from each side seam and hanging on the outside of the bag. Secure the strap with several lines of stitching 1/4″ from the edge. Repeat for the second strap on the other side.
- Insert the bag exterior into the interior bag, with right sides together. Pin the top of the bag and sew across the top using a 1/2″ seam allowance. Leave a 4″ opening on a side of the bag for turning.
- Turn the bag right side out through the opening. Press the top of the bag flat. Topstitch 1/4″ form the edge all the way around the bag.
ENTER TO WIN TODAY’S PRIZE:
kraft-tex Style from C&T Publishing! A collection of twenty-seven sewing projects, this book shows you how to work with the material that looks and feels like leather, but sews like typical fabric. Enjoy the luxurious style of leather without actually using the material. Find out more about kraft-tex Style right here!
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is:
Leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What two colors/prints would you use for your reversible bag?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 19, 2014 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 18, 2014 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED! Be sure to check out more great giveaway opportunities below!
Congratulations to Donna Mayes!
You’ve won kraft-tex Style from C&T Publishing! You will receive an email shortly.
Enter to win all 12 Presents from the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway by entering each day of the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway over at AllFreeSewing! You could win everything pictured above. Enter now! Good luck & happy holidays!