It’s not a secret, Sewists. You love cats, we love cats, we all love cats, and we alllll know it. That cat is definitely out of the bag, if you will. AWESOME RIGHT? In honor of this discovery, we thought we’d compile a list of life hacks that will make your everyday–and your cat’s everyday–way easier. Some of these are from our site, and some of them are ideas we LOVE from around the web. The great news is, a ton of them are easy sewing projects. To say this is the best of both worlds would be a ridiculous understatement. We hope you enjoy!
1. Conceal a litter box by removing the doors from a cabinet and replacing them with curtains! Sew the little cat curtains yourself.
2. Make a no-sew cat tent out of a T-shirt! See our free tutorial here!
3. Take a page from the smarties at Modern Cat, and create a cat hut by sewing two cat beds together.
4. Remove cat hair from fabric by running a dryer sheet or dampened sponge over it.
5. Cut squares into the levels of a book shelf in order to create a DIY climbing tower for your feline friend. Sew fabric or scratching to each shelf for added comfort and fun.
6. Build a stylish frame around the little scratcher your cat uses. No need to throw off the feng shui of your home ever again. Find out how here.
7. Use those old shoulder pads in your closet to make cat toys! Here’s a tutorial.
8. Did you know you can make a cat bed out of socks? Find out how!
9. Use fabric and velcro to make a cat hammock under tables or chairs in your home.
10. Create your own environmentally friendly cat litter with chicken scratch and baking soda! Here how.
Is there something we missed??? Share a cat hack of your own below!
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- We Sewed a Zoo: 8 Stuffed Animal Patterns - January 22, 2020
- Vintage Vixen: Retro Dresses to Match Your Personality - January 20, 2020
- The Biggest Selection of Free Bag Sewing Patterns! - January 8, 2020