Today is Day 6 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
On the sixth day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me …Christmas Row Houses Pattern from Quilt Woman!
- ½ yd. background & backing fabric or two 15” squares or two fat quarters
- 5” x 15” white snow fabric
- 4” x 15” gray snow fabric
- 4” x 15” sky fabric
- Assorted scraps for houses
- Two 2 ½” strips for binding (1/4 yd.)
- 1 tiny button for each doorknob
- White and red thread
- 16” square of thin batting
- Permanent fabric glue
- Sandwich 15” square backing right side down with batting on top of it and background 15” square right side up on top of that. Pin and stitch together around outside ¼” from edges.
- For sky and 2 bands of snow, cut the edges of each fabric into gentle curves. There is no right or wrong way to do this. Make your snow drifts as big as you want them! Place the 3 strips of fabric in a pleasing arrangement. Pin the gray piece in place first and stitch along the top edge about 3/16” from the edge of the fabric and along each side ¼” from the side edges right on top of the background stitching. Place the white snow band on top of the gray, lined up with the bottom edge of the background. Stitch around the bottom and side edges ¼” from the edges and stitch across the top 3/16” from the edge of the fabric. Do the same with the sky on the top.
- Trim the project to 15” square.
- From the assorted scraps, cut 5 houses, roofs, doors, and windows in random sizes. Cut the houses first about 2”-2 ½” x 2 ½”-3”. Then cut the roofs, doors, and windows to fit.
- Arrange the house pieces on the background first and tack in place in the centers where you will not be stitching with small dots of glue. Sew around each about 3/16” from the edges. Add the roofs in the same method, placing any that overlap on last. Now add the doors and windows.
- Add button door knobs with glue.
- Add binding as follows:
- Sew 2 ½” strips together with diagonal seams.
- Fold binding strip lengthwise with wrong sides together as you sew it to quilt—do NOT press. Starting about 1/3 of the way down from first corner, match raw edges of binding to quilt edges. Using a ¼” seam, start sewing about 5″ from end of strip and stop ¼” before corner.
- Remove from machine and fold strip up forming a 45° angle. Next fold the strip back down and sew from edge to ¼” from next corner. Repeat until you are back on the first edge. Stop 5” before end on last edge.
- Overlap the ends of the binding strips and trim so they overlap by 2¼”. Unfold the ends of the binding strips. Right sides together, sew a diagonal seam.
- Fold binding over to back of quilt and sew either by hand or with invisible thread by machine.
ENTER TO WIN TODAY’S PRIZE:
5 yards of New Holiday Reflections by EBI Fabrics plus 5 Christmas patterns from QuiltWoman! This collection of fabric and patterns is the perfect way to celebrate the holidays in a big way! Enjoy everything from ornaments to a pillowcase to garland with these patterns.
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is:
Leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What would you make with 5 yards of new fabric?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 15, 2014 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 14, 2014 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED! Be sure to check out more great giveaway opportunities below!
Congratulations to Diane!
You’ve won 5 yards of New Holiday Reflections by EBI Fabrics plus 5 Christmas patterns from QuiltWoman. You will receive an email shortly.
There are more great prizes for you to grab on Seams and Scissors! Be sure to take advantage of every great giveaway opportunity when you visit our complete listing of giveaways and projects for the 12 Days of Christmas!
Enter to win all 12 Presents from the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway by entering each day of the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway over at AllFreeSewing! You could win everything pictured above. Enter now! Good luck & happy holidays!
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- Update with Our May Sew-a-Thon! - May 25, 2017
- Editorial Report: 10 Prom Dress Sewing Patterns - May 11, 2017
- Our Favorite Sewing Projects: Inspiration from Young Designers - May 3, 2017