Today is Day 11 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
On the eleventh day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me … the Diving Elf Legs from Fairfield!
- Cherry Pop Oly*Fun
- Poly-Fil® Crafter’s Choice® Fiberfill
- Pattern Download – The pattern is also available if you leave a comment on my blog – www.lorinemason.com/blog – asking for a copy.
- White Grosgrain Ribbon – 1/4″ wide
- Jumbo Rick Rack
- Marabou Fur Trim
- Wooden Dowel Rod – 1/4 inch thick x 18″ long
- Fabric Glue
- Sewing Machine
- Basic Sewing Supplies
When pressing oly*fun™: Set your iron to the silk setting and always use a pressing cloth. Never touch a hot iron directly to oly*fun™. Both sides of oly*fun™ may be considered the right side of the fabric, the choice really is yours to make, however be consistent for a more finished look. All seams are 1/4″ unless otherwise noted.
- Following the directions of the pattern, add 8 1/2 inches to the bottom edge of the pattern. Cut out four pieces from the Cherry Pop Oly*Fun.
- Sew two layers right sides together using a 1/4 inch seam. Turn right side out and press carefully. Repeat to create the second elf leg.
- Fill each of the elf legs with Crafter’s Choice® fiberfill. Use small amounts, being sure to fill the pointed toe area. Using long handled tweezers or a narrow dowel rod might make the job easier.
- Glue ribbon and rick rack to the elf legs using the diagram and project photos as a guide to placement.
- Insert the dowel rod into the elf leg, shifting the fiberfill as you press the dowel down into the leg, leaving 8″ of the dowel rod extending from the top of the leg. Remove the dowel rod, cover the bottom edge with glue and re-insert. Wrap the top edge of the elf leg with thread and tie a knot encasing the dowel rod within the elf leg.
- Glue marabou fur trim to the top edge of the elf legs and pompoms to the toes.
ENTER TO WIN TODAY’S PRIZE:
Assortment of Design Foam from Fairfield! Assortment of design foam: Poly-fil® Fiberfill – 32oz bag,Ultra Plush™ Fiberfill – 12oz bag,Soft n Toasty™ 100% Natural Cotton Batting – Queen size, Soft Touch® 18” Pillow Form, Foamology™ Design Foam Soft Tiles, New Oly*Fun™ Craft Material in an 18 color assortment
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is:
Leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What’s your favorite holiday treat or decoration?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 22, 2014 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 19, 2014 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED! Be sure to check out more great giveaway opportunities below!
Congratulations to Mary Wippold!
You’ve won an Assortment of Design Foam from Fairfield! You will receive an email shortly.
Enter to win all 12 Presents from the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway by entering each day of the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway over at AllFreeSewing! You could win everything pictured above. Enter now! Good luck & happy holidays!
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Mug Rugs - August 6, 2020
- Wanderlust Worthy: 33 Travel Sewing Projects and Outfit Ideas - August 1, 2020
- 41 Dog Sewing Projects for National Dog Day - July 26, 2020