If you’re looking for some easy and quick sewing projects to do, whether you’re waiting at the doctor’s office or while you’re spending time with relatives, these 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Mug Rugs are the projects you’re looking for. Mug rug coasters are just the cutest little accent for your home that you just have to make. They even make great handmade gifts for friends and loved ones during the holidays or for special occasions.
The following sewing collection is filled with super easy and festive mug rugs for any time of the year. We’ve divided them by easy holiday crafts and perfect seasonal designs so you can easily find the perfect rug for your favorite mug no matter the time of year. These mug rugs are even great for recycling scraps from larger projects because they don’t need too much fabric to create. Easy sewing projects like these are ideal for beginner sewers or for those who are just itching to finish a quick sewing project just for the fun of the holiday or season.
Holiday Sewing Projects
The following list of holidays has plenty of adorable Christmas craft projects, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a warm cup of coffee or tea on Valentine’s Day or Halloween. With this list of mug rugs to make, you’ll be prepared for any upcoming holiday.
- Upcycled Yuletide Mug Rugs
- Stars of Wonder Christmas Mug
- Flag Quilted Mug Rug Pattern
- Stashbusting Origami Christmas Mug Rug
- Quilt as You Go Holiday Mug Rugs
- Any Holiday Scrappy Mug Rug Pattern
- Spectacular Raggedy Heart Coasters
- Haunted Halloween Drink Coasters
- Valentine Mug Rug
Seasonal Projects to Make
We all enjoy sipping on a nice warm cup of hot chocolate during the cold winter season, but tea and coffee are great to drink no matter the time of year. Match the season with one of these fun mug rugs whether it’s an easy felt project or just made from your scrap fabric collection.
- Maple Leaf Coasters
- Snowman Mug Rug Pattern
- Summer Citrus Coasters
- Under the Umbrella Mug Rug
- Adorable Acorn Coasters
- April Mug Rug Tutorial
- Mug Rug Tutorial
Be sure to also check out this adorable collection Keep Calm and Warm Up: 11 Tea Cozy and Cup Sleeve Patterns!
What design is on your favorite mug? Let us know below in the comments!
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- Wanderlust Worthy: 33 Travel Sewing Projects and Outfit Ideas - August 1, 2020
- 41 Dog Sewing Projects for National Dog Day - July 26, 2020
- Ain’t That America: 50 Regional Quilt Patterns and Tutorials - July 25, 2020