It’s pretty self-explanatory; today Seams and Scissors is diving into the top tutorials from both AllFreeSewing and FaveQuilts. From highly scientific research we’ve pulled these projects that both our enthusiastic sewing fans and particular quilting fanatics loved. Whether you want free sewing tutorials or are after excellent quilting designs, this roundup is the perfect guide to determining the latest trends in the craft.
Top 10 Sewing Tutorials
We noticed a strong pull towards clothing sewing projects. Whether it’s the season or simply the subject, you’re into wearables. In particular, summer fashion items like cute dresses and tees found their places in your hearts. In addition to gorgeous pieces you can wear, we noticed a particular attraction towards refashioning projects and hacks. Who needs to drop their dimes on expensive store-bought goods when they can gussy up their existing items? You’re a smart bunch.
- This creative way to re-style tees will honestly blow your mind.
- Take a walk in this dress to remember.
- You can put this smart idea on the wall in your craft room.
- Create a Christmas heirloom for a dollar.
- If you’re looking to label your crafts check this out.
- Try making the One Hour Bag you will always love!
- Make this for your groceries!
- Get kissed in this dress.
- Ironing Board Makeover
- The Hands-Down Cutest & Cheapest Tank
Top 10 Quilt Tutorials
A lovely selection of quilt tutorials made their way to the top of your lists this week. In particular, you fawned over country-inspired quilting projects. Themes such as summer watercolors and windmills appeared in your top 10. Like your sewing counterparts, you also gravitated towards the projects that took full advantage of scraps. Another trend we noticed? Autumn. It’s just around the bend, people!
- Folding and Organizing Fabric
- Summer Song Watercolor Flower Wreath Quilt
- Purple Illusions Quilt
- Fuss Free Rag Quilt
- Windmills at Night
- Disappearing 16 Patch Block
- 20 Quilts for Leftover Fabric
- Happy Mini Hexies
- Fun With Bricks Scrap Quilt
- Adaptable Rag Quilt
What did you create this week?
Latest posts by Seams and Scissors (see all)
- Tips and Tricks Tuesday: 10 Tips for Sewing with Sequins - February 18, 2020
- DIY Circle Skirt Tutorial - February 15, 2020
- Free Dress Patterns: Make Your Own Dress Pattern - February 14, 2020