Hello all you quilt lovers! Looking for some Christmas Quilting Inspiration?
It’s as easy as one-two-three!
Step 1: Festive Fabric. A new fabric line or an old favourite. Pretty prints or simply solids. Soft hues or bold and vibrant colours. You don’t have to stick with the traditional reds and greens. How about a burnt orange and aqua? Raid your storage bins to use up some playful scraps! Fabrics are always a great place to find your first spark of inspiration.
Step 2: What to Make. Are you looking for gift ideas? Or hoping to dress up your home for the holidays? Either way, you will be certain to find inspiration with this handpicked list of fantastic project ideas.
- Festive Bunting such as these cute Stockings or a Lighted Garland
- Tree Ornaments such as these simple Christmas Trees or Candy Canes
- Mug Rugs such as this sweet Snowman
- Place Mats such as these pretty Pinwheel Stars or Gift Boxes
- Table Decor such as this simple Strip Table Runner or Applique Table Topper
- Cushions such as Patchwork Pillow, Applique Snowflake or Easy Christmas Pillow
- Pouches such as this adorable Gift Wrapped Pouch or these simple Zippered Pouches
- Christmas Stockings such as Scrappy Strip, Simple Stocking, or these fun Elf Stockings!
- Christmas Tree Skirt such as this Festive Tree Skirt or Simply Quilted Patchwork
- Lap or Throw Quilt: Make it a simple patchwork or use your favourite blocks
Step 3: Simple Design. Keeping it simple will help to ensure a successful and fun project, whether you would like to make something as small as a mug rug or place mats, or as large as a festive throw quilt. Chose a simple design, such as a star block or a favourite quilt block that you like to make. Here is one of my easy block designs, Boxes-N-Bows, made with simple shapes and half square triangles.
Get creative with this simple block to make a table topper, long table runner or even a festive lap quilt!
Next time you are looking for a great Christmas quilting project idea, just remember that finding inspiration is as easy as one-two-three!
Have a very Merry Christmas and Keep On Quilting On!
This guest post was written by Lorna McMahon. On her website, you can learn from her creative process as she shares her love of modern quilting and immensely helpful content.
Lorna says, “It’s sew nice to meet you!”
Connect with me in the following ways!
Latest posts by FaveQuilts (see all)
- Upcycled Sweater Bag Tutorial - November 11, 2019
- 13 Christmas Quilts to Start Working On Now - October 23, 2019
- Flavors of Fall: Pumpkin Spice Quilt Pattern and More Delicious Designs - October 20, 2019