Halloween has got to be the best holiday of the year. For one night, you get to be anything you can imagine and no one will even think twice about it. Why not bring out your bad side this year and dress up like a vivacious villain? Get your kids in on it, too, so that you can all be unique as you walk the streets in search of the houses with the best candy. And if you’re looking for easy sewing projects that are also a blast, you can’t beat a DIY Halloween costume.
If you are totally lost for ideas right now, then keep reading. Here are a few tips for picking out a Halloween costume this year:
- Be creative. No one is going to judge you for going all out!
- Spin a classic into something modern. Add applique to a cape for a wearable decoration, or make your witch hat have a more steampunk style this time.
- Try out a theme for the family: movie characters, band members, pieces of candy, animals, etc. What a cute way to match!
- The whole world does not have to be full of princesses and princes. Everyone loves an adorable bad guy!
- This is a place for all things sewing; don’t you dare buy that costume in an overpriced store!
With all of that being said, we have put together some inspiration for you to have a more villainous tone this year with your homemade Halloween costumes below.
- Ahoy Matey Costume
- DIY Star Wars Costume – with a red light saber in tow, you can support the dark side this year.
- Jailbird Hat for Kids
- Wispy Ghost Costume
- Simple and Spooky Bat Wings
- Homemade Mummy Costumes
- Hocus Pocus Witch Hat
- Frankenstein Monster Halloween Hat
- Spooky Shark Costume
- How to Sew a Cape – you could take this pattern and make it as pretty or as creepy as you want!
- Syndrome Costume from The Craft Patch
- Monster Mash Up Hats from Fleece Fun
- Dress Up Masks from ikatbag
What villain will you be for Halloween this year?
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- Vintage Vixen: Retro Dresses to Match Your Personality - January 20, 2020
- The Biggest Selection of Free Bag Sewing Patterns! - January 8, 2020
- We Love Precuts: 13 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns - January 7, 2020