Today is Day 8 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
On the eight day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me … the Ice Cream Cone Quilt from Simplicity!
- Mini 45° Triangle
- Designed by Sue Rivers
- Finished Size approx. 16” x 11½”
- Fabric: All pieces are cut from Jelly Roll strips. Fabric used in this quilt are from the Folkloric and Kona Solids collections from Robert Kaufman
- 5 solids fat qtr. each (cream, yellow, pink, lt. green, dk. green)
- Gold chevron – 1 strip
- Red – scrap
- Binding – 2 strips
- Backing Fat qtr.bric – 3/8 yard (If you are using quilting cotton, stabilize the fabric with a woven fusible interfacing, such as Shape-Flex.)
- Circle templates for ice cream cones (See PDF)
- From lt. green, pink, purple, dk. green and yellow, cut a total of 20 –45° triangles and 1 each large circle (template found pn page 12.) From gold chevron, cut 5 –45° triangles. From cream, cut 1 strip 3¾” x 17”; cut 5 of template 1 and 1 each template 2 and 2R (templates fround on page 12.) From purple, cut 1 strip 1½” x WOF; from yellow, cut 1 strip 1¼” x WOF; from dark green, cut 1 strip from 2¾” X WOF. From red, cut 1 small circle (template found on page 12.)
- Stitch 45° solid triangles into 1 strip. Follow the picture or use your own color placement preference. (A)
- Cut the cream shapes (template 1 – cut 4, template 2 and 2R – cut 1 each.) Cut 5 –45° triangles from the gold chevron. Stitch template 1, 2 and 2R together with gold 45° triangles as shown in (B).
- Turn edges of large circle under ¼” and press.
- Align the circles on the cream strip, placing circles so they align with the 45° triangles. (C)
- Appliqué the circles in place. Stitch strips together. (D)
- Stitch purple, yellow and green strips together, then stitch to the bottom of the ice cream cones. Stitch 45° triangle strip to top of 3¾” cream strip. (E)
- Square of sides of quilt, allowing for seam allowance. (F)
- Layer, quilt and bind. OPTIONAL: Turn edges of red circle under ¼” and press. Appliqué to one of the ice cream cones. Add stitching by machine or with embroidery floss for cherry stem.
ENTER TO WIN TODAY’S PRIZE:
A Bias Tape-Maker + Tools from Simplicity!
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is:
Leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 17, 2014 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 16, 2014 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED! Be sure to check out more great giveaway opportunities below!
Congratulations to Sonja mclane!
You’ve won a Bias Tape-Maker + Tools from Simplicity! You will receive an email shortly.
Enter to win all 12 Presents from the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway by entering each day of the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway over at AllFreeSewing! You could win everything pictured above. Enter now! Good luck & happy holidays!
- 20 Sewing Patterns for a Woodland Critter Wonderland - October 23, 2020
- Trend Report: Top 10 Fall Skirts to Wear with Tights - October 20, 2020
- 15 Adorable Free Apron Patterns - October 17, 2020