Today is Day 5 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
On the fifth day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me …“Jingle” Holiday Wall Decor from Primitive Quilts and Projects!
- 5″ x 8″ red felted wool for ornaments and letters
- 5″ x 8″ green felted wool for ornaments and letters
- 3″ square gray felted wool for ornament tops
- Fat quarter black cotton for appliqué background
- Sulky® 12-weight cotton thread in 1169, 1295, 1271
- Valdani 100% Colorfast hand-dyed No. 12 perle cotton in P2 and P12
- 4½” x 24″ double-stick fusible web
- Frame with 8″ x 16″ opening
- Size 24 chenille needle
- White Clover marking pen
- 2½” circle template (optional)
Templates in the template insert have already been reversed and do not include a seam allowance. Because felted wool does not fray, there is no need to turn under the edges of the appliqué pieces. Click here download Jingle Holiday Decor templates.
- Trace six circles, six ornament tops, and “JINGLE” letters onto the fusible web, then cut them out just
outside of the drawn lines.
- Place three fusible ornament shapes on the red wool and three on the green wool. Leave the fusible paper on the back of the ornament shapes.
- Place the fusible “J”, “N”, “L” shapes on the green wool and the “I”, “G”, “E” shapes on the red wool.
- Using steam, press the fusible shapes from steps 2 and 3 to the wool, then cut them out on the drawn lines.
Finished size: 8″ x 16″ (not including frame)
- Press the black cotton fabric.
- Lay the frame, face down, on the black cotton fabric. Using the white Clover marking pen, trace around the opening of the frame. You will keep the design layout within this space.
- Referring to the project photo on page 44 for placement, lay out the ornaments and place the wool letter shapes on the appropriate ornaments. Using steam, press those elements in place.
- Referring to the project photo for placement, lay out the six ornaments and ornament tops on the black cotton fabric. Using steam, press those elements in place.
- Using a blanket stitch, sew the wool shapes in place with coordinating colors of Sulky® threads 1169 and 1271. Click here for Blanket Stitch illustration.
- Referring to the project photo for placement and using the white Clover marking pen, draw the lines for the evergreen branch and pine needles. Using a stem stitch, sew the evergreen branch in place with Valdani P12 thread. Click here for Stem Stitch illustration.
- Using a straight stitch, sew the pine needles in place with Valdani P2 thread.
- Referring to the project photo for placement and using the white Clover marking pen, draw the ornament loop and hanging wire for each ornament. Using a stem stitch, sew those elements in place with Sulky® 1295 thread.
- Referring to the project photo for placement, sew French knots with Sulky® 1169 thread to make the red berries. Click here for French Knot illustration.
- Frame and enjoy.
ENTER TO WIN TODAY’S PRIZE:
A year of Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine, the only magazine dedicated to the primitive artisan! Each quarterly issue features at least 15 beautiful projects…from quilting, rug hooking, wool applique, cross stitching and much more. Also included in our prize is one of our terra cotta coffee mugs – the perfect way to sit back, relax and enjoy your hot beverage while reading Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine.
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is:
Leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
Have you ever made a quilt?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 15, 2014 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 13, 2014 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED! Be sure to check out more great giveaway opportunities below!
Congratulations to Barbara Traylor!
You’ve won a year of the Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine. You will receive an email shortly.
There are more great prizes for you to grab on Seams and Scissors! Be sure to take advantage of every great giveaway opportunity when you visit our complete listing of giveaways and projects for the 12 Days of Christmas!
Enter to win all 12 Presents from the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway by entering each day of the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway over at AllFreeSewing! You could win everything pictured above. Enter now! Good luck & happy holidays!