Today is Day 3 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
On the third day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me … a Made to Love Vintage Doll from Coats & Clark.
- Coats and Clark Dual Duty XP All Purpose Thread to match fabrics
- Coats and Clark Dual Duty XP Heavy Thread to match muslin
- E & P Coats Embroidery Floss, black, blue, brown, red, and pink
- Red Heart 4 ply yarn for hair, approximately 16 yards
- Muslin, ¼ yard
- Polyester fiberfill for stuffing
- Water soluble marking pen
- Hand Embroidery Needles
- Embroidery hoop, 6”
- Crayon, light pink
All seams allowances are ¼” unless otherwise noted.
- Trace and cut out body pattern pieces. Print templates here.
- Before cutting head and body piece trace facial features to a 6” x 12” piece of muslin with a water soluble marking pen.
- Embroider features using J. & P. Coats Embroidery Floss. See here for illustration. Remove any markings with a damp cloth. Allow to dry. Highlight cheeks with a pink crayon.
- Pin pattern pieces to muslin. For the head and body match facial features to the paper pattern. Pin and cut. Transfer pattern markings on leg as noted.
- Right sides together sew body pieces. Back stitch at the beginning and end of seams. Leave a 2-inch opening on the bottom of body for turning. Leave an opening at the top of arm and leg pieces for turning. Trim corners and clip curved edges before turning.
- Stuff body parts with polyester fiber fill. Use small bits of stuffing at a time. Stuff the body pieces until firm. Be sure to get stuffing into all corners.
- Turn in raw edges on body, arms, and legs. Overcast the edges together with small, close stitches.
- Use Coats and Clark Dual Duty XP Heavy Thread to assemble doll. Attach arms to body with small overcast stitches. Align upper arm with top shoulder edge. Place the arm with thumb facing upward. See here for illustration.
- Sew legs on to body with small overcast stitches. With outside leg markings facing outward place legs flush with hip bottom. See here for illustration.
ENTER TO WIN TODAY’S PRIZE:
Leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What was your favorite toy growing up?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 12, 2014 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 11, 2014 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED! Be sure to check out more great giveaway opportunities below!
Congratulations to Pat O’Dea!
You’ve won the Dual Duty XP Thread Assortments from Coats & Clark. You will receive an email shortly.
There are more great prizes for you to grab on Seams and Scissors! Be sure to take advantage of every great giveaway opportunity when you visit our complete listing of giveaways and projects for the 12 Days of Christmas!
Enter to win all 12 Presents from the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway by entering each day of the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway over at AllFreeSewing! You could win everything pictured above. Enter now! Good luck & happy holidays!
Latest posts by FaveQuilts (see all)
- 36 Midwestern Quilt Patterns - August 8, 2020
- How to Make a Baby Quilt: 10 Unisex Baby Quilts - August 2, 2020
- What Does Giving a Homemade Blanket as a Gift Mean? - July 24, 2020