One of our most popular blog posts in recent weeks was Ain’t That America: 50 Regional Quilt Patterns and Tutorials, and our readers overwhelming loved our Midwestern quilt section more than any other region! It’s hard to deny the appeal of the Midwest and Midwestern quilts in particular. Nestled in the heart of the US, the Midwest is home to picturesque woodlands, seas of prairie and farmland, and of course, the Great Lakes. Midwestern quilts, much like the region itself, celebrate traditional American quilt-making and quilt patterns, combining classic designs like the log cabin or star pattern with bright and lively colors. So, to celebrate all things Midwest, we’ve broken down some of our favorite traditional quilt patterns and paired them with each state in the Midwest that inspired them, from the bustling streets of Chicago in Illinois to the gorgeous plains of the Dakotas. Whether you live in the America’s heartland yourself or are just looking for a fun, new quilting project, our list of Midwestern-inspired quilts is just what you need!
If you want to find quilt patterns or tutorials inspired by your own state, be sure to check out our previous blog post here. And if you live outside the US, we’d love to hear about traditional quilting styles and patterns from your country. Just be sure to leave a comment below. Here’s wishing you happy quilting!
36 Midwestern Quilt Patterns
- Barn Raised Log Cabin Quilt – Springfield!
- Lake Michigan Quilt – Chicago!
- Sunny Log Cabin Quilt – Effingham!
- Farmer’s Wife 1930s Quilt Block – Fort Wayne!
- Scrappy Denim Kite Quilt Block – Indianapolis!
- Sawtooth Star Quilt Block Pattern – Vincennes!
- My Blue Heaven Bed Quilt – Lansing!
- Hundred Patch Charm Quilt – Ann Arbor!
- Pineapple Blossom Quilt – Detroit!
- Ohio Star Quilt Block Tutorial – Columbus!
- Random Ohio Stars Throw – Sandusky!
- Ohio Stars and Rails Quilt – Cincinnati!
- Fat Quarter Flagged Quilt Pattern – Madison!
- Shenandoah Churn Dash Quilt – Milwaukee!
- Looking Glass Charm Pack Pattern – Kenosha!
- Whirling Star Quilt Block – Cedar Rapids!
- Sunday in the Park Quilt – Des Moines!
- Quatrastar Quilt Block Tutorial – Oskaloosa!
- Midwest Crossings Quilt – Minneapolis!
- Abundance Quilt Pattern – Minnetonka!
- Color Pop Lattice Baby Quilt – St. Paul!
- Christopher’s Missouri Puzzle Star Quilt – Branson!
- Arching Loops Free Motion Tutorial – St. Louis!
- Snowball Nine Patch Pattern – Kansas City!
- Church Picnic Quilt – Omaha!
- Peppermint Mocha Chain Quilt – Beatrice!
- Cathedral Stars Quilt – Lincoln!
- Sunny Trails Quilt – Bismarck!
- Quick and Cuddly Rag Quilt – Lisbon!
- Road Fifteen Sixteen Patch Quilt – Fargo!
- Double Dresden Delight Quilt – Watertown!
- Starburst Quilt – Pierre!
- Chrysalis Lattice Quilt Pattern – Sioux Falls!
Which state are you from? Be sure to leave a comment below!
Plus, if you can’t get enough classic quilt patterns, then don’t miss our collection of 33 Star Quilt Patterns! They’re perfect for traditional quilters.
Latest posts by FaveQuilts (see all)
- How to Make a Baby Quilt: 10 Unisex Baby Quilts - August 2, 2020
- What Does Giving a Homemade Blanket as a Gift Mean? - July 24, 2020
- Gorgeous 70 x 90 Bed Quilt Patterns - July 6, 2020