Hi! Stephanie from Swoodson Says again – sharing a modern heart sachet pattern. My Mom’s birthday is this month and I thought I’d sew something that smelled sweet to tuck in her fabric stash or in with her quilts. I wanted to make it inspired by Valentine’s Day but shy away from anything too frilly or sweet; the geometric lines are inspired by a squirrel embroidery I stitched from a Mollie Makes book. You could add a ribbon and hang it in your closet, too.
• 1 12 X 18” sheet of wool blend felt
• Transfer medium for the embroidery pattern (I used Fabri-Solvy)
• White perle cotton or embroidery floss
• Embroidery needle
• Rice & essential oil, or potpourri
1. Transfer the pattern over to the felt with your preferred method. The outer line is for cutting once finished, the rest can be stitched with a simple backstitch. The dots outlining the letters are French knots.
2. Use the heart to cut out a second, matching shape from the felt and sew wrong sides together with ¼” seam allowance, leaving a 2” gap. Fill with potpourri or rice – I used lavender essential oil to scent some rice.
3. Sew to close the gap you left for filling and enjoy!
How would you use this sachet?