In the age of DIY, giving your favorite room a makeover has never been easier. But it can be so difficult to choose where to start! Do you sew new curtains for your bedroom or some fun oven mitts for the kitchen? Worry no more, sewing enthusiasts! In the spirit of National Sewing Month, AllFreeSewing is bringing you some of our favorite DIY home decor projects that are perfect for sewists of all skill levels. We’ve got you completely covered, from quick and easy sewing projects like mug rugs and napkins to major room makeover projects like rugs and bed sheets. AllFreeSewing has even broken down these home decor patterns and tutorials by each room in your house, so that you don’t have to spend hours scrolling through page after page of sewing projects. So search through our list of DIY projects below and give any room in your home an instant update with these budget-friendly and thrifty sewing projects!
Do you have a home decor project of your own? Do you have makeover tips and tricks you’d like to share? Be sure to leave a comment below. Here’s wishing you happy sewing!
Extreme Home Makeover: 33 Home Decor Sewing Projects
- Wild Elephant DIY Pillow – Our Readers Love It!
- Minimalist DIY Magazine Holder
- DIY Curtains Sewing Pattern
- Autumn DIY Chair Skirt – Country Classic!
- THE Easiest Braided Rag Rug
- Darling DIY Chair Bows – Absolutely Darling!
- Comfort Meets Quilting Chair Cushions
- One Night Flower Tablecloth
- Quilted Table Runner
- 9 Minute Napkins Tutorial – Brand New!
- Round Hot Pads Tutorial
- Dish Towels That Stay Put – They’re Not Going Anywhere!
- One Size DIY Casserole Carrier
- Happy Cup Mug Rug Pattern – Too Cute!
- 10 Minute Free Apron Pattern
- Clever DIY Bag for Clothespins
- Jumbo DIY Laundry Bag Pattern – Great for Laundromat Trips!
- Reversible Hanging Hamper Tutorial – Full Tutorial!
- Anthropologie-Inspired Flamenco Shower Curtain
- Fringe Bath Mat Tutorial – Reader Fave!
- Monster Toilet Paper Dispenser – For Your Grandkids!
- DIY Bath Mat with Pockets
- Owl Dry DIY Bath Towels
- 2 Yard Ruffle Pillow Sham – Brand New!
- Velcro DIY Bedskirt
- Minnie and Mickey Inspired Pillows – For the Kids!
- How to Make a Queen-Size Fitted Sheet
- Peek-a-Boo Lampshade Makeover
- Cutest Ever Wall Organizer – Keep Your Bobbins Here!
- Totally Travel Sewing Case Tutorial
- Portable Sewing Station – You Can Watch TV and Sew!
- Lovely Scissor Holder
- DIY Ironing Board Cover
Gain extra entries for our grand prize by commenting on our daily National Sewing Month blog posts here on Seams & Scissors. Comment your answer to our question below for an extra entry!
- Commenting on this page will enter you to win the prize. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and entries on AllFreeSewing.com.
- You have until September 30th, 2016 at 11:59 CST to leave your comment on this post. Comments after that will not be counted.
- Contest is open to anyone 18+ in the US and Canada. Void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited.
- The winner will be contacted by the e-mail address provided in their account.
Today’s Question: Which of these projects is your favorite?
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- 6 Simply Stylish No Sew Scarves - January 24, 2020
- We Sewed a Zoo: 8 Stuffed Animal Patterns - January 22, 2020
- Vintage Vixen: Retro Dresses to Match Your Personality - January 20, 2020