Reversible Tea Pot Cozy
By Ann Strecko Koeman
Here’s a reversible teapot cozy for the holiday season! Owl for Fall and Santa’s Belt for Christmas.
- Brown Fabric
- Red Fabric
- Black Fabric
- Yellow Fabric Metallic Gold Fabric
- White fabric
- Black thread
- Double fold Black Bias Tape
Make Pattern using a paper plate with bottom part cut off to trace template onto paper. Add 1/2 inch seam around curved edge.
Cut 4 pieces of fabric (two in the red, and two in the brown) from the large curved piece.
Cut the shapes out of the black, gold, yellow, and white. Cut one strip (black) long as width of cozy, and 2 inches wide for the belt. The buckle is made out of a rectangular piece of metallic gold fabric (Index card size). Optional: cut two strips of brown fabric to make rows of feathers for the owl.
Cut 2 pieces of the fleece in the same pattern
Sew shapes to front pieces of each cozy.
Sew fleece pieces to wrong sides of one of the cozies.
Sew two pieces of each cozy right sides facing.
Now that you have two cozies, one has a fleece lining and the other does not. Place one cozy inside the other, wrong sides together.
Pin Double fold bias tape to bottom edge catching both cozies together.
Gain extra entries for our grand prize by commenting on our daily National Sewing Month blog posts here on Seams & Scissors. Comment your answer to our question below for an extra entry!
- Commenting on this page will enter you to win the prize. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and entries on AllFreeSewing.com.
- You have until September 30th, 2016 at 11:59 CST to leave your comment on this post. Comments after that will not be counted.
- Contest is open to anyone 18+ in the US and Canada. Void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited.
- The winner will be contacted by the e-mail address provided in their account.
Today’s Question: Tea or Coffee before sewing?
- Tips and Tricks Tuesday: Different Types of Necklines - January 24, 2021
- Tips and Tricks Tuesday: 5 Simple Steps to Start Upcycling Old Clothing - January 20, 2021
- DIY Upcycled Denim Bag - January 17, 2021