We want to thank you for joining us for National Sewing Month. It’s been a joy to read your comments, and we hope we were able to inspire you! This blog post concludes our month-long celebration of all things sewing (and AllFreeSewing.com).
When you want to give a handmade gift that leaves a lasting impression, a Christmas quilt is the way to go. Quilts are treasured gifts, as giving any handmade blanket is a symbol of comfort and commitment. Knowing that you were thinking of them as you spend hours and days sewing a gorgeous, creative quilt pattern is enough to make anyone a little teary-eyed. For sewists, a quilt might be the ultimate gift and a great way to display your talent.
Around the holidays, people like to pull out decorations that aren’t just cute – family favorites tend to be the things with a story, right? All those ornaments with family members’ names engraved on them, or the tree skirt your grandmother made. While the world changes around us, our holiday traditions ground us and comfort us. Just imagine how your loved ones will feel pulling out your Christmas quilt each year, and cuddling underneath it on chilly winter nights. It’s a truly loving and thoughtful gift.
For our finale of National Sewing Month, we leave you with these pleasant thoughts of sweet memories to come. Sewing is a gift you can share with everyone you love! We rounded up our top 10 Christmas quilt patterns, most beloved by readers. Get inspired!
The Best 10 Christmas Quilt Patterns EVER
Plus, this free eBook of the Best Free Quilt Patterns for Christmas is our gift to you!
Gain extra entries for our grand prize by commenting on our daily National Sewing Month blog posts here on Seams & Scissors. Comment your answer to our question below for an extra entry!
- Commenting on this page will enter you to win the prize. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and entries on AllFreeSewing.com.
- You have until September 30th, 2016 at 11:59 CST to leave your comment on this post. Comments after that will not be counted.
- Contest is open to anyone 18+ in the US and Canada. Void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited.
- The winner will be contacted by the e-mail address provided in their account.
Today’s Question: What did you sew this month?
Latest posts by Seams and Scissors (see all)
- Tips and Tricks Tuesday: Different Types of Necklines - January 28, 2020
- What You Loved Last Month: Our Top 10 Sewing Projects - January 25, 2020
- Tips and Tricks Tuesday: 5 Simple Steps to Start Upcycling Old Clothing - January 21, 2020