With spring fast approaching (only about three weeks to go!), it’s time to start thinking about baby blankets! Springtime sees a lot of baby birthdays and baby showers, and the best gift for a newborn and his/her family is one that’s both thoughtful AND functional. A baby blanket is perfect for wrapping up your little one and makes an amazing keepsake—many people I know still have their baby blankets all these decades later and can fondly remember the person who made them! If they’re kept in good condition, these kinds of gifts are the kinds of things that get passed down from generation to generation, as well—I know that my family still has a quilt that my great-grandmother made for my father when he was just a baby!
If you’ve never tried quilting, a baby quilt is a great way to learn how to make a quilt—they tend to be much smaller than standard bed quilts, and you can play around with a simple design until you’re comfortable branching out into more complicated quilting territory. All of these quilts below are easy to work up—we know you’re busy! However, taking the time to sew a baby blanket by hand for your little one can make all the difference—it lets them know for years to come that they’re loved, and shows the new parents how much you care. These 14 baby quilts are all cheery and brightly colored to celebrate the incoming warm weather.
- Quick Triangles Baby Quilt
- Borders Baby Rag Quilt
- Magic Jelly Roll Quilt
- Sweetheart Vintage Sheet Baby Quilt
- Simple Stripes Beginner Quilt
- Striped Chevrons Baby Quilt Tutorial
- Fast Filmstrip Quilt
- Citrus Mint Baby Quilt
- Scatter Sunshine Baby Quilt
- Simply Darling Baby Quilt Pattern
- Classic Pink Hourglass Quilt
- Supersonic Triangle Baby Quilt
- Whimsical Charm Pack Baby Quilt
- Divine Diamonds Baby Quilt
What colors do you love in a spring quilt? Let us know below in the comments!
- Editorial Report: 10 Prom Dress Sewing Patterns - May 19, 2022
- Sewing Hacks: What to Look for in Thrift Stores and Garage Sales - May 16, 2022
- Our Favorite Sewing Projects: Inspiration from Young Designers - May 10, 2022