Today is Day 2 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
On the second day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me … a Prairie Point Pinecone Ornament from the American Quilter’s Society!
- 2 1/2 ” diameter Styrofoam® ball
- Fabric scraps (about 1/8 yard total)
- Glue, hot glue, or straight pins
- Decorative cord for hanging
- Cut 1 1/4 ” squares from the fabric scraps. We used 93 for our sample ornament, but you may need more or less. Set one square aside.
- Fold a square in half on the diagonal, wrong sides together, and press. Fold the resulting triangle in half again and press (like making a prairie point). Repeat for all the squares. See figure 1.
- Start by attaching the unfolded square to the ball. This is the center bottom. See figure 2.
- Refer to figure 3 and begin attaching the prairie points, pointing toward the center bottom, overlapping the raw edges of the first square.
- Continue to add rows of prairie points as shown in figure 4. As you approach the horizon, the points will spread out and automatically flare as you reach the top of the ball. See figures 5 and 6.
- When you reach the top of the ball, cut a scrap of fabric that will cover the raw edges of the uppermost prairie points. Glue it in place.
- Tie the ends of the decorative cord in a bow to make a hanging loop. Attach the bow to the ornament with a pin or glue.
ENTER TO WIN TODAY’S PRIZE:
Today’s prize is a $100 gift certificate to the American Quilter’s Society! This $100 Gift Coupon is redeemable online at shopAQS.com or by calling toll-free at 1-800-626-5420. When you shop AQS, you see why the American Quilter’s Society is the premier online retailer for fabric, kits and patterns, as well as tools and notions. At shopAQS.com, you’ll also find books from esteemed quiltmakers like Sue Nickels and bright storytellers like Jan Cerney. AQS members always save 20%.
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is:
Leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
How many handmade ornaments do you think are on your tree?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 11, 2014 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 10, 2014 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED! Be sure to check out more great giveaway opportunities below!
Congratulations to Iesha D!
You’ve won a $100 gift certificate to the American Quilter’s Society! You will receive an email shortly.
There are more great prizes for you to grab on Seams and Scissors! Be sure to take advantage of every great giveaway opportunity when you visit our complete listing of giveaways and projects for the 12 Days of Christmas!
Enter to win all 12 Presents from the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway by entering each day of the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway over at AllFreeSewing! You could win everything pictured above. Enter now! Good luck & happy holidays!
Latest posts by FaveQuilts (see all)
- 36 Midwestern Quilt Patterns - August 8, 2020
- How to Make a Baby Quilt: 10 Unisex Baby Quilts - August 2, 2020
- What Does Giving a Homemade Blanket as a Gift Mean? - July 24, 2020