The best kind of blog posts are the listing kind. Hey, guess what. This is a listing kind of blog post. But it’s not just your typical listing blog post. It’s the kind of blog post that has tons of sewing tips, tricks, and, best of all, hacks! We asked you guys on our AllFreeSewing Facebook page and our FaveQuilting Facebook page what were your favorite quilting tricks and sewing hacks that changed your life. If you don’t remember, everyone loved our 28 Sewing Hacks That Will Change Your Life. I’m here to give you more sewing ideas and quilting hacks that you can utilize in your own home. They are easy to implement into your daily sewing routine and you will love the innovation that our followers have. You all have spoken and shared some awesome ideas.
Here is what you guys said:
We asked: What sewing hack changed your life?
- Using forceps to turn things, using a piece of cardboard to iron a hem/straight line, and when gathering, zig-zag over embroidery thread.
- Tracing patterns onto 4 Mil plastic and altering for proper fit. That way if I mess up the plastic pattern, I always have the original to return to!
- Tracing patterns to butcher paper. I can make permanent changes and still have the original pattern
- Rolling up your quilt on a stick, in order to use spray adhesive while making your sandwich. Works GREAT!
- Chain stitching pieces of quilt blocks together
- Tie a ribbon around your scissors so you’re not constantly losing them
- Use a mug to hold a giant spool of thread
- Use nuts and washers to hold down paper patterns
- Spray your thread with hairspray before threading it through a needle
Looking for more hacks and tips? Check these helpful hints out!
What are we missing? What are some hacks and tricks that you do?
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- DIY Slippers: House Shoes Tutorial - February 26, 2020
- Country Chic: 15 Rustic Home Decor Sewing Projects - February 7, 2020
- 20 Homemade Doll Clothes and Accessories That You Need to Make! - February 5, 2020