Today’s National Sewing Month Project (a video lesson, actually) is brought to you by Angel Peterson from FleeceFun.
So you’ve picked out that new sewing machine with the help of Angel Peterson from FleeceFun.com, but you also need some sewing tools beyond the machine. Angel will help you determine the ultimate must-haves to stock in your sewing kit.. Learn about all these tools and why you need them in this easy sewing lesson. If you are just beginning sewing, watch this important video before you get started.
Here’s a quick list of basics you should start with in your sewing kit:
- Fabric shears – these are for FABRIC ONLY and make sure everyone in the house knows this!
- Flexible measuring tape – great for taking body measurements.
- Seam Gauge – you’ll be surprised at how handy this little tool is.
- Pins and Pincushion, hand sewing needle
- Seam Ripper – you WILL need it, trust us!
- Clear tape – especially important if you use printable sewing patterns.
- Rotary cutter – they’re fun and faster than tradtional shears.
- A variety of clear quilters rulers
- Self-Healing cutting mat
Today’s DAILY PRIZE is a great selection of sewing goodies in a beautiful and useful tin! To enter, answer the question below in the comments and we’ll randomly pick a winner.
Official Rules for Daily Contest
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post below.
- You have until tonight, September 17th, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
What is your favorite tool in the sewing kit?
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Mug Rugs - August 6, 2020
- Wanderlust Worthy: 33 Travel Sewing Projects and Outfit Ideas - August 1, 2020
- 41 Dog Sewing Projects for National Dog Day - July 26, 2020