Today’s National Sewing Month Project (a video lesson!) is brought to you by Angel Peterson from FleeceFun.
This free beginning sewing lesson is quick and easy to understand. In this video, Angel Peterson from give you all the tips and tricks on how to read a sewing pattern. It’s a must for sewists of all levels. You will learn how all the parts of the pattern can affect your fabric and thread choice, and more. There is plenty of learn here, and by the time you are finished with the lesson, you’ll have a firm grasp on how to read a sewing pattern and you’ll be able to walk into the fabric store prepared and ready to choose the perfect pattern for your project.
Here are a few of our favorite printable patterns from AllFreeSewing.
Free-Printable-Sewing-Patterns : This massive collection has a project for your every sewing need.
One-Hour-Free-Apron-Patterns : These free apron patterns make perfect gifts!
Parisienne-Drape-Dress-Pattern : Simple and stunning, you must try it!
Peekaboo-Plush-Turtle : STAFF FAVORITE!
Summery-Free-T-Shirt-Pattern : Perfect all-year-round if you ask us.
We hope that this lesson has helped you learn how to read a sewing pattern, and you’re full of confidence and ready to start your first big project.
Today’s prize is a great ergonomic rotary cutter and some Poly-Fun! You won’t believe all the things you can make with this stuff!
Do you prefer traditional tissue paper patterns or printables?
Official Rules for Daily Contest
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post below.
- You have until tonight, September 21th, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Mug Rugs - August 6, 2020
- Wanderlust Worthy: 33 Travel Sewing Projects and Outfit Ideas - August 1, 2020
- 41 Dog Sewing Projects for National Dog Day - July 26, 2020