It is time (or almost time for some) to go back to school and that means it is time to do some back to school shopping. Your kids are going to want some brand new duds for this school year. Picking out that first day of school outfit was probably my favorite part of elementary school! It gives your kid a chance to explore their style and express themselves each year. Unfortunately, back to school shopping can be expensive and brand new clothes are not always an option. Never fear, we have some sewing tips and tricks that will show you exactly how to make old clothes new! Recycling clothing can be easy and stylish. If done right, your kiddo might not even recognize their old pants, tee, or sweater.
3 Back to School Sewing Tips and Tricks
1. Lengthen pants, shorts, and skirts if they still fit the waist. Sewing tips and tricks that show you how to extend the wearability of jeans can save you so much money. This sewing tip works for mom and dad’s clothes too!
2. Cover up stains with creative decorations like an applique or stencil. Kids are not clean little people. They spill and stains are unavoidable. Save stained shirts and other clothing pieces by covering them with a printable applique pattern or easy stencil.
3. Use your old clothing to make clothing for your kids. Use these sewing tips and tricks to turn your clothes into back to school style for your little one. Just because something doesn’t fit you doesn’t mean it has to go in the trash.
Know some sewing tips and tricks that you would like to share?
Comment below and we might feature your trick here on Seams and Scissors! A great sewing hack can make a world of difference and there is absolutely no reason to keep them to yourself. Interested in writing a Sewing Tips and Tricks Tuesday post for us? Go ahead and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to submit your idea.
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- No-Fuss Backyard Parties: DIY Garland and More - May 14, 2019
- Our Favorite Sewing Projects: Inspiration from Young Designers - May 13, 2019
- Editorial Report: 10 Prom Dress Sewing Patterns - May 10, 2019