Free stuffed animal patterns are some of the cutest easy sewing projects out there. While making a free dress pattern for a little girl will make mommy happy, the sewn gift idea that is going to make a kiddo squeal is a stuffed animal pattern. These easy-to-make and totally adorable plushies are great for older kids, but what if you want to make a stuffed animal pattern to give as a baby shower gift? Not all patterns are created for all age groups and new moms are always fickle about what they let their brand new bundle of joy cuddle up with while cooing in their crib. Never fear. There is one simple way to make absolutely any stuffed animal pattern baby-friendly: just remove the parts that are not baby friendly! If you find a teddy bear pattern that is just too adorable to pass us, simple embroider the eyes, skip the nose, or make it without those pesky buttons. The only step you need to make that free stuffed animal pattern for a baby is to skip some steps. So long as you fail to add choking hazards, most stuffed animal patterns are perfect for even the littlest babies.
Ready to make a stuffed animal pattern for a wee one? Check out these stuffed animal patterns that can quickly be converted to super safe projects.
Baby-Friendly Stuffed Animal Patterns
Just remember that no matter what toy you create, never ever leave a little one unsupervised and keep cribs clear of all unnecessary toys and blankets.
- Warren the Charity Bear: Originally designed to be quick to make and easily customizable, this free printable sewing pattern would make the perfect bear for your baby with just a few alterations.
- How to Make Pillow Pet: Give your baby a safe toy to crawl over and under when you make this pillow pet (just be sure to skip adding the eyes or simple embroider them).
- Soft Plush Fox: Make this clever little craft before you next baby shower. You could even craft some burp cloths to match it!
- Fishy Stuffed Animal Pattern: Go under the sea with this fishy.
- Snuggle Bear: Designed especially for a cuddle, children of all ages will love having this little bear in their arms.
Know some sewing tips and tricks that you would like to share?
Comment below and we might feature your trick here on Seams and Scissors! A great sewing hack can make a world of difference and there is absolutely no reason to keep them to yourself. Interested in writing a Sewing Tips and Tricks Tuesday post for us? Go ahead and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to submit your idea.