We are here with another sewing tip for Sewing Tips and Tricks Tuesday and this one is a big one! The editors are going to help you fix sewing machine thread tension problems. When your computer starts acting up, you don’t automatically take it into the computer store to get it fixed. You do all the troubleshooting you can first before taking that big and expensive step. You can do the same with your sewing machine. If you have thread tension problems with your machine, try and give your machine a reboot before doing so!
How to Reboot Your Machine to Repair Thread Tension Problems
There are 3 very easy things you can do to try and fix thread tension problems on a sewing machine. Try these quick steps before doing anything else
- Rethread your machine. If not threaded properly, you will have sewing machine thread tension problems.
- Rewind your bobbin. A bobbin that is not wound properly can cause a TON of problems.
- Change your needle. If your needle is not sharp enough to pierce your fabric consistently, your thread is going to have a hard time getting through and holding on!
If you still have sewing machine thread tension problems after doing these things, it is time to bring out the big guns! Head on over to AllFreeSewing.com to read Repair Sewing Machine Thread Tension Problems: Quick Fixes to check out the 7 reasons why you might have thread tension problems!
Know some sewing tips and tricks that you would like to share?
Comment below and we might feature your trick here on Seams and Scissors! A great sewing hack can make a world of difference and there is absolutely no reason to keep them to yourself. Interested in writing a Sewing Tips and Tricks Tuesday post for us? Go ahead and email us at email@example.com or click here to submit your idea.
What sewing machine problem do you dread the most?
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- No-Fuss Backyard Parties: DIY Garland and More - May 14, 2019
- Our Favorite Sewing Projects: Inspiration from Young Designers - May 13, 2019
- Editorial Report: 10 Prom Dress Sewing Patterns - May 10, 2019