Another week another round of favorite sewing and quilting projects to explore. So, faithful Seams & Scissors readers, what did you love this week? As it turns out, you really loved everything. We were excited to find that different styles, projects, and materials struck your fancy as you explored AllFreeSewing and FaveQuilts this week. Today’s roundup is sure to float your sewing boat. What were the top tutorials?
We’re counting down to the TOP tutorials of the week!
8. 33 Free Skirt Patterns + 7 New Ideas – OK, so this is more than one tutorial… by a lot, but it’s true! You and everyone else on this crazy, mixed-up sewing planet went wild for this collection page of free skirt patterns and instructions. Do yourself a favor: put down your neighbor’s kid’s uniform that you felt guilted into hemming and sew a little something sweet for yourself.
7. 27 Ideas For What To Make With Old Jeans – Refashioning, who knew? We’re speculating that the reason why our readers, friends, and foes (just kidding, we have no foes… that we know of) are getting back into the exhilarating joy of transforming trash to treasure is because of the changing season. What’s the best item of clothing that no longer fits you but that you can still reuse? You’ve got it: denim.
6. Charming Hearts Quilt – This one took us by surprise. No, you didn’t get the date wrong, it’s not February, you’re all just in the mood for a little bit of love, and we adore that. Maybe you were inspired by Friendship Day a while back or maybe you’re just good people, but this quilt was enormously popular last week.
5. Travel Diaper Changing Pad Pattern – For those looking for ideas for gifts, baby projects like this Travel Diaper Changing Pad Pattern are extremely popular at the moment. Try creating something both useful and cute with this full tutorial.
4. Golden Autumn Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern – Yes! Fall is definitely on its way and we couldn’t be more excited. This wasn’t just one of your favorites, it was definitely the editors’ as well. With temperatures oddly reflecting those we’d find in late September here in Chicago, we’re ready to pick out some harvest-inspired prints and quilt something cuddly.3. Traditional Square Quilt – Though new to our lineup of weekly favorites, we are noticing a trend, dear readers. A classic never fails. This completely makes sense; while we embrace changes and modern designs, it’s always a delight to try out a traditional style. Want something a little edgier? Use some wild fabrics on your next quilt!2. Lovely Lily Bowl and Plate – This bowl is the biggest thing to happen to FaveQuilts since the Hundred Hugs Baby Quilt. Part of its charm is its dimensionality and complete elegance. We strongly suggest making one of these for your tabletop.
1. Grandma’s Secret Recipe Pot Holders – Reigning in at number one for the week, this exceptional pot holder was the top project. Completely adorable and absolutely useful, this project makes the perfect gift for a friend or yourself.
What are you working on this week?
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- The Biggest Selection of Free Bag Sewing Patterns! - January 14, 2019
- We Love Precuts: 13 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns - January 11, 2019
- Blue Jean Baby: 19 Denim Sewing Patterns - January 10, 2019