Would you like to get to know your sewing community? Are you interested in learning basic sewing techniques, hearing stories about how sewing has changed lives, or discovering tips and tricks for starting your own crafty business? We have exactly what you’ve been looking for! We have 7 of the best quilting and sewing podcasts on a range of topics that are sure to get you hooked.
Never listened to a podcast before? Are you unsure of how to start or of what a podcast even actually is? Never fear! A podcast is basically an independent radio show that’s presented as a series of audio files that listeners can download or stream. You can easily listen for free to many of these podcast episodes through the links below. If you have an iPhone, you can download the Podcasts application or similar applications like Stitcher that works on any device to store your episodes.
Now all that’s left to do is pour a cup of coffee, start a sewing project from AllFreeSewing, or begin your commute to work as you plug in your headphones and get listening to these quilting and sewing podcasts!
Top 9 Quilting and Sewing Podcasts
- Modern Sewciety with Stephanie Kendron: Meet the the bloggers in your sewing community with this podcast by passionate sewist Stephanie Kendron. Kendron uses this platform to help sewists like you get to know creative minds like Melody Miller of Cotton + Steel or Andrea Tsang Jackson of 3rd Story Workshop who are behind all of those inspiring sewing blogs and podcasts. Check out this podcast to get to know your crafting community a little bit better!
- Sewing Out Loud with Zede and Mallory Donohue: If you’re looking for sewing tips and tricks, this podcast is the one for you! This mother-daughter team are the experts to listen to, having run a sewing machine shop for eleven years. Listen to these episodes to explore the world of sewing as these two radio show hosts provide you with opinions and advice on sewing techniques.
- While She Naps with Abby Glassenberg: With this podcast series, textile artist Abby Glassenberg explores the world of home sewing, the sewing industry, and crafting entrepreneurship. Learn about building a small creative business through these interviews with creative experts, as Glassenberg asks the real questions about financing and starting your own crafting company from the ground up.
- Maker Style with Rachel Felix: Through this weekly sewing podcast, blogger and public relations student Rachel Felix—featured in our 30 Best Sewing Bloggers Under 30 article—brings you the latest talk in modern women’s apparel sewing, discussing everything from branding and blogging to sewing tips and tricks. Every Monday, tune in to let you hear Felix give you advice on the most frequently asked questions by sewists, or hear her interview expert sewists on varying topics from modernizing vintage sewing patterns to top fabric trends!
- Thread Cult with Christine Cyr Clisset: Through this collection of episodes, journalist and sewing blogger Christine Cyr Clisset interviews contemporary master craftspeople and creative experts like Claire Shaeffer, an expert on haute couture, or Maura Grace Ambrose who discusses the storied nature of quilting. Listen along as you work on your next sewing project to learn a few sewing tips and tricks along with some enlightening content from experts on every stage of the sewing process from textiles to fashion!
- American Patchwork and Quilting Podcast with Pat Sloan: Listen to these episodes with your host Sloan, a multi-talented fabric and quilt designer, as she interviews celebrated quilters, historians, authors, and designers. Tune in on Mondays at 4pm EST to get your weekly dose of news from within the quilting community!
- Seamwork Radio with Sarai Mitnick, Seamwork Magazine, and Colette Patterns: This podcast produced by Sarai Mitnick brings you the personal stories of many creatives in the sewing field. These episodes explore how sewing has touched or changed these sewists lives by helping them understand their own identities, or transform as individuals. Presented in a monologue-style presentation with interspersed commentary, you will love listening to these stories as you work on your next sewing project!
- Clothing Making Mavens with Lori Beckstead and Helena Ashbridge: These sewing bloggers interview other creative types to share stories about the sewing and crafting process. But don’t just tune into this podcast to hear these hosts discuss all elements of handmade clothing on the “how” and “why” of sewing projects with these expert sewists, also feel free to join in yourself by calling, responding to user comment questions, and sending in your own sound recordings!
- Sit and Sew Radio with Stephanie Soebbing: Through this podcast, Soebbing explores the world of quilting as she discusses a range of topics from historical shifts in quilting trends to the creative process of the expert quilters and designers she interviews. Be sure to check out this podcast to learn about all things quilting!
If you want to see similar content sent directly to you, subscribe to the newsletter, Sewing It Up from AllFreeSewing.com!