If you’re constantly on the go, you know how important and lifesaving a tote bag can be. While purses can be expensive and an evening clutch is fun for a formal event, it’s really tote bags that do the heavy lifting. We carry everything in those bags: library books, knitting supplies, fresh produce from the local farmer’s market, activities to entertain kids…the list is endless. So if you’re a mom or grandma who’s constantly on the go and need a way to stylishly tote around your necessities, you’ll love this list of the best free tote bag patterns around!
This list of tote bag patterns has bags that are both fashion-forward and functional, meaning you’ll look chic and effortless with these bag patterns that you’ll can use for every occasion. If you’re looking for some great scrap busting ideas, or are just searching for unique one-of-a-kind totes, then be sure to check out these recycled sewing patterns and upcycled tote bag ideas that are a fantastic way to stretch your shopping budget. And if you’re always off to somewhere new, then you’ll love this selection of mom-approved multi-purpose totes that fit all of your needs and look adorable to boot!
If you have your own bag ideas and want to share them, or just want to let me know which of these projects is your favorite, then be sure to leave a comment below! I hope you enjoy these free tote bag patterns and projects that are perfect for warm summer weather. Here’s wishing you happy sewing!
Tote-tally Fabulous: 17 of the Best Free Tote Bag Patterns
Fashion-Forward Tote Bag Patterns
- Look at Me! Tote Bag Pattern
- Large Quilted Tote Bag – Brand New!
- Totes Easy Tote Bag Pattern
- Canvas Beach DIY Tote Pattern – Editor Fave!
- Zip Me Up Tote Bag Pattern
- Classy Striped Tote Bag
- Luxurious Leather Tote Bag Tutorial – Treat Your Self!
Upcycled and Recycled Tote Bags
- Upcycled Denim Tote Bag
- Dollar Store Placemat Tote Bag – Love This!
- One Yard Dish Towel Tote Bag
- Large Upcycled Denim Tote – Recycle Your Jeans!
- T-Shirt Tote Bag
Mom-Approved Tote Bag Patterns
- Urban Traveler Tote Bag Pattern – Cute Diaper Bag Alternative!
- Crafty Grandma DIY Tote Bag
- Fat Quarter Tote Bag – Great Way to Use Fat Quarters!
- Quilted Garden Tote
- Two Colored Reversible Tote Bag
What’s in your bag? Leave a comment below!
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- DIY Slippers: House Shoes Tutorial - February 26, 2020
- Country Chic: 15 Rustic Home Decor Sewing Projects - February 7, 2020
- 20 Homemade Doll Clothes and Accessories That You Need to Make! - February 5, 2020